Fwd: Zoom link For tonight’s meeting

Keeli Marvel

Dec 8, 2021, 7:43:57 PM12/8/21
to UCBirders

Topic: UCB-CBC
Time: Dec 8, 2021 07:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 990 1959 6066
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,99019596066# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,99019596066# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 990 1959 6066
Find your local number: https://byu.zoom.us/u/aQGLsUGtE

Join by SIP

Join by H.323
162.255.37.11 (US West)
162.255.36.11 (US East)
115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
213.19.144.110 (Amsterdam Netherlands)
213.244.140.110 (Germany)
103.122.166.55 (Australia Sydney)
103.122.167.55 (Australia Melbourne)
149.137.40.110 (Singapore)
64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
149.137.68.253 (Mexico)
69.174.57.160 (Canada Toronto)
65.39.152.160 (Canada Vancouver)
207.226.132.110 (Japan Tokyo)
149.137.24.110 (Japan Osaka)
Meeting ID: 990 1959 6066

 Thanks,
 Machelle
    ,__,
   (0,0)
   /)_)
     ""

On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 12:51:03 PM MST, Milt Moody <milto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Machelle,

Here's what I have for your article:

Let me know how you'd like me to change it and we'll whip it into shape!

Milt

On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 09:25:32 AM MST, Machelle Johnson <machelle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Milt,

Here is my article for December.  Can you add a photo/link of the county page from the website, something like this, but can we click on it from the article to go right to the page?  This is just a snip-it.

Well, here we are at the end of 2021.  We had some good group field trips and some good zoom meetings, thanks Suzi and Keeli for organizing those!  Our Newsletter and Facebook page are top notch, thanks to Milt and Tammy for your work there!   We have great Officers on our board!
We are looking for help with the utahbirds.org website and the monthly newsletter publication.  If you have webmaster experience, or are willing to learn we would love to hear from you.  We are also seeking a volunteer to be the group President.  I have been President for 2 years, which is what a typical term should be.  Our past President, Keeli Marvel was in for 7 years...she was fabulous and went above and beyond to lead our group.  I'm willing to stay in as President for 2022, but really, we should limit the term to 2 years.  If you would like to be more involved and work on the board we would love to hear from you.  Please reach out to me at machelle...@yahoo.com or Keeli at keeli....@gmail.com.

2022 brings another Challenge Year!  What is a Challenge Year you might ask?  Every other year we create a challenge for the group to participate in.  There are goals throughout the year to meet, and we have an awards ceremony at the end.  Our Challenge this year is going to take us all over the great state of Utah.  We want you to go to all the corners of the state, visiting all or most of the 29 counties.

There are three separate levels of achievement:

Gold:  22 species in 22 counties and attend 9 meetings or field trips
Silver:  22 species in 14 counties and attend 6 meetings or field trips
Bronze:  22 species in 7 counties and attend 3 meetings or field trips

The 22 species seen in each county can be repeats of those seen in other counties.  Suzi is planning some great field trips throughout the year to help birders get out to various counties and see some birds!  You can track your numbers in whatever way works best for you, there is not an official form to use.  At the end of 2022, everyone will report their challenge achievements and awards will be given at our annual dinner in January 2023.

Utahbirds.org is a great resource page for places to bird in each county, here is the link:

Inline image

Our January 2022 meeting will be held at Golden Corral at 171 W University Pkwy in Orem.    We have reserved a back room and will be presenting the Challenge at that time.  Pay at the door when you arrive.  You are welcome to bring your family, and encouraged to bring anyone else who is interested in joining our group.

Good luck and happy birding!!

 Machelle
    ,__,
   (0,0)