UCB meeting presenter request and board member nominations for 2022

Keeli Marvel

Sep 27, 2021, 10:57:05 PM9/27/21
to ucbi...@googlegroups.com
The UCB is planning to resume our virtual meetings in October and November, but we need ideas/volunteers for our presentations.

If you’ve been on a cool birding trip, we would love to hear about it, or if you have other meeting presentation ideas or requests send the board a message or email Keeli at Keeli....@gmail.com.

Also, the board is looking for new board members to continue leading and supporting our group in 2022. If you love birds and would like to volunteer or nominate someone for a position on our board, send us an email.

Happy Birding!

Keeli Marvel

Yvonne Carter

Sep 28, 2021, 10:26:06 AM9/28/21
to Keeli Marvel, UCBirders
Why have the meetings virtual?     I am involved in a few community groups and none are virtual.   An idea for a meeting is using the new 'Sound ID' on Merlin and any other apps.    Yvonne Carter

Keeli Marvel

Sep 28, 2021, 11:48:04 AM9/28/21
to Yvonne Carter, UCBirders
Hi Yvonne,

I’m not sure how the rest of our board feels, but with covid rates being high again and our ICUs near capacity, I feel that community spread is still a big issue, and I’m not interested in the risk that in-person meetings represent or having to ask people to wear a mask if we have them, when virtual meeting options are still readily available. I recognize that many things like concerts and large gatherings have resumed as normal, but at Dugway we are still at maximum telework status, and masks are required at all indoor/outdoor gatherings or meetings and inside our buildings. It just seems like an unnecessary risk to me at this current point. If the rest of the board is ready to go back to in person meetings though, we can definitely have that discussion and pursue that option.

I like the Merlin app sound ID demo idea! Thanks for that suggestion! If I can’t get anyone to volunteer to present at the meeting maybe I’ll do a presentation on that or see if I can get someone else to.

Thanks!

Keeli

Sent from my iPhone

Tammynorthrup

Sep 28, 2021, 2:32:01 PM9/28/21
to Keeli Marvel, Yvonne Carter, UCBirders
I feel like doing zoom meetings is the best option right now. I’m comfortable doing field trips since we’re outdoors. The book group I’m in did in person outdoor meetings when the weather was good this summer, but we’re going back to zoom meetings now that it’s getting cooler. I’m glad we have the zoom option.

I like Yvonne’s idea of learning more about the Merlin app. I’d like some instruction on how to do lists and report birds on ebirds. Maybe those topics could be combined into birding technology tools.
Tammy

Sent from my iPad

Yvonne Carter

Sep 28, 2021, 3:11:39 PM9/28/21
to Tammynorthrup, Keeli Marvel, UCBirders
Also with the sound I'd app discuss how to download a picture with the ebird list being submitted