Tumblr Music [UPD] Download

Argelia Fernandez

Jan 18, 2024, 12:24:44 PMJan 18
to ucatagro

Hi, first of all thanks a million for this blog. It's given me an incredible amount of great music to listen to and material to learn banjo from. I was wondering if you might happen to have a copy of the second volume of "The Bluegrass Band" Once Again, From the Top. The first album is amazing and I've been learning a lot of Butch Robins playing, especially the back-up which you can hear really well. - Brandon.

gayhorse420 asked: The first time I listened to Sometimes I Still Feel the Bruise I was really fascinated by how much it sounded like Mexican folk music like something written by Jose Alfredo Jimenez because of the lyrical content and vocal melody (and also a lot of stuff I can't quite put my finger on). I've always imagined a mariachi arrangement of the song and think I might make one soon, but I also wanted to ask you if there was anything in particular that inspired you in writing the song?

tumblr music download

DOWNLOADhttps://t.co/Ax9hR3GPUt

austinnormancore-deactivated201 asked: Is it weird if people name their artistic endeavors after something in your music, like if a band named themselves after a lyric or song title? I'm curious to know what your reaction is when you see something like that.

What follows is an exhaustive list of all the incidental music that appears in Sleep No More, including notes as to the major action that accompanies each piece of music and, where applicable, very cursory analysis.

The music that scores the plot line of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth is an extremely important element of the show, as it informs our perception of the emotions and intentions of these main characters. A large portion of this soundtrack consists of the music of Bernard Herrmann, whose Hitchcock scores are intimately woven into the most poignant moments of the show.

What is a Tumblr album you may ask? Well, a Tumblr album is one that either gained popularity through the website Tumblr, or was constantly featured in aesthetic photographs of Crosley record players and Urban Outfitters shelves. One could even call these albums Crosleycore, and these are the main twelve albums that defined this entire era of music.

An unfortunate sign of the times, this album is more known for the symbols on the album cover than it is for the music. A hard pass. Despite their many attempts after I Love You. to hold onto their Tumblr fanbase, many grew apart from this band as they grew older, despite the fact that they are still around today.

Visibly queer, sporting blue hair and singing about love, Halsey was the only real artist to ever gain a career through all the Tumblr fanaticism and can be cited as one of the most aesthetically powerful figures of the time. While her music may not have made that many impactful waves, the image of Halsey defined the Tumblr era, and can still be seen today in modern fashion.

I only found out you were back today, going back to an playlist of your wonderful songs. And its so much more wonderful now I know I have new ones to love. Thank you for your magical music. Hope you're well

today i learned that the song "together" from psycholonials is also the song "someday" used in the "high tide" animation, and today i also learned that you did the music for high tide, and. what is HAPPENING today (its really good, im just kinda blindsided by cosmic happenings)

I sometimes refer to an era of Tumblr when discussing, let\u2019s see, The Neighbourhood (\u201CSweater Weather\u201D dudes), Lana Del Rey (not explaining her), and Citizen (specifically Youth Citizen). This is funny to talk about because all of my friends know what I\u2019m talking about when I mention this era, but it can be a blindspot in music journalism. Not necessarily that music outlets don\u2019t cover these artists (we know they cover Lana), but that they don\u2019t really talk about That Time (I\u2019m talking about it as if it was the Dark Age, which, tbh, it kind of was) or they didn\u2019t cover releases from that time that felt important.

Lana Del Rey and Citizen weren\u2019t excluded from this. Lana was always there, watching over in flower crown edits. These guys\u2014Jesse Rutherford, Matty Healy, Alex Turner\u2014they were simply boys to fawn over. They had voices of angels; that may have been the source of the appeal, along with the poetic lyricism (practically manufactured for lyric edits) and the aesthetic. The bad boy aesthetic. Slicked-back black hair, leather jackets, tattoos (does Alex Turner have tattoos? Probably). They were the boys that Lana sang about. And Lana\u2014she was our Goddess. We wanted to follow in her footsteps. We listened to her music and took notes. We lived vicariously through her recklessness, while reblogging artsy photographs of sunsets, drugs, gas stations at night, couples, neon signs. We were living a life on Tumblr, and these musicians provided the soundtrack.

Citizen? It\u2019s weird\u2014the way they floated between very different niches: Emo Tumblr and this Rosy, Pretty Tumblr. I\u2019ve said this a million times, that Citizen\u2019s success with Youth largely had to do with the aesthetic. This aesthetic was bizarrely similar to Lana\u2019s and The NBHD\u2019s etc. The album art was an image that fit into the Look of their Tumblr realm. Flowers were a big deal for it; they were a dealbreaker! If a Lana fan sees the image\u2014YOUTH spelled out in red, pink, yellow flowers against a white background\u2014they will likely want to know more. The image became ubiquitous. You could reblog it and not even know it was an album cover. This is partly because a fundamental philosophy of this Tumblr realm\u2014the one in which Lana was the all-powerful Goddess\u2014consisted of this obsession of youth, of being young, of being a reckless teenager, of staying young, of not having responsibilities, of having so many emotions, of living forever, of being invincible. And a lot of Lana\u2019s music relied on the idea of youth as well; her song \u201CLolita,\u201D a bonus track on Born to Die, is a prime example of this. It fulfilled the Tumblr fantasy of being young and reckless\u2014it perpetuated this desire to be desired, to be notorious, to be hedonistic. And a lot of this was because we were bored. We were privileged and bored! The only way to satisfy this was to play a character in a James Franco movie (O.K. fine\u2014I\u2019m really just referencing Palo Alto). Tumblr, in a way, helped us figure out our sexualities, but also kind of messed it up. Were we reblogging aesthetic images that said \u201CDaddy\u201D because we thought it was pretty or because we had a daddy kink? And if we thought we had a daddy kink, did we actually? Or did the Internet just make us want to be edgy and sexually interesting?

At the end of the day, the goals of Tumblr and the goals of music were not all that different. Both served as an escape\u2014whether that\u2019s what the creators intended or not. And the escapes had to be immersive, intense, all-encompassing. Which may be why this generation ended up being hyper-sexual, mostly awkward people with short attention spans who are used to living vicariously more than actual living. The Internet is safe. We are safe consuming art about dangerous things. But this is why everyone can be obsessed with categorizing themselves, which inevitably leads to an identity crisis\u2014because no one can categorize themselves and no one should want to. Life is not as simple as the Internet. You can\u2019t turn yourself into a pretty, pink-filtered Instagram grid. You can\u2019t turn yourself into The 1975\u2019s cohesive, monotonous self-titled record.

When I said in the beginning of this piece that this is sort of a blindspot in music journalism, maybe one of the reasons was because teenage girls weren\u2019t staff writers at Pitchfork. And what did this mean? It means Pitchfork didn\u2019t review Youth by Citizen or I Love You. by The NBHD (insane to me), and The 1975\u2019s self-titled got a 5.9 by a man who was in his early thirties. Of course it would! He is not the target audience\u2014not by far! And the review says nothing of its impact, nothing of why it is so powerful to its listeners. It talks about the music technically, and that\u2019s not the point! The point is the concept, the aesthetic, the world it inhabits\u2014which is the case with all Tumblr-loved music. Everything was symbolic. Urban Outfitters understood this, completely. Which is funny, because the one store where I have ever found a Citizen cassette was there.

8tracks was, I think, someone trying to take advantage of Tumblr\u2019s obsession with using music as an aesthetic. Because Tumblr didn\u2019t have the ability to stream songs or make playlists, 8tracks filled that in. It was the musical component. Except it was ephemeral; it shut down at the end of 2019 because its model was\u2026 insufficient. They saw an opportunity, and it made sense, but it didn\u2019t really make sense. Like a lot of things on Tumblr, the best part about it was just the idea of it. Like cigarettes.

Recently, Andrew Unterberger of Billboard, whose taste I admire, wrote about the immortality of The NBHD\u2019s hits. People still put on \u201CSweater Weather\u201D when fall approaches. TikTok, also, has started reviving it\u2014which teenagers on the app probably will with all Tumblr-loved songs, because the aesthetics of the Internet aren\u2019t too different now. If anything, they want even edgier art. If 100 Gecs is what interests this generation\u2019s teens, then damn, I guess I was boring for getting a thrill from Alex Turner singing \u201CMaybe I\u2019m too busy bein\u2019 yours / To fall for somebody new.\u201D But maybe as our time with the Internet stretches out, what we need to preoccupy ourselves when we\u2019re bored and privileged needs to be more. As we spend more time online, we demand more things, crazier things to live vicariously through. Our attention spans are too short for The 1975\u2019s lackluster instrumentals\u2014the only solution is\u2026. hyper pop. We want an overload. We don\u2019t want a soundtrack that plays in the background, we want batshit music in our face. Okay, maybe the aesthetics of the Internet are different now, but the groundwork is the same\u2014bored, privileged, getting hornier with by the second. Maybe the hyper pop that\u2019s blowing up now is the product of teenagers spending time on Tumblr and wanting to make the soundtrack for it themselves.

df19127ead