Reolink Argus Eco |WORK| Download

Argelia Fernandez

Jan 21, 2024, 12:26:18 PMJan 21
to ucatagro

I use Blue Iris now with other webcams, including reolink cams which have the built in web server. I like the ability to centralize everything and go to one place for viewing clips. Had hopes that the battery powered line from ReoLink at least had some way to remote access and transfer clips, whether the camera did it directly via ftp or an API to grab the captures off the SD card, via automation so everything could be consolidated on prem.

Even though I would still be using BI for my other cameras, I can create a web site for my personal use which would allow me a single place using a standard web browser, and not a closed source vendor application, to view my recordings from many sources. As it is now with these cameras, I am forced to use ReoLinks app on my phone, tiny screen, or install yet another vendor app on every computer I use just to see the ReoLink clips.

I am one that avoids the use of anything cloud based if at all possible, and that is another turn off for the direction ReoLink has gone with these devices.

It seems to me they are trying to starting to get their customers used to having to use the ReoLink access and storage solutions with the intent of changing their entire product line as they move forward. Have seen this happen with MANY companies in the past.

Would be nice if Cynthia would chime in and give an honest answer.

I've got 3 argus 2s and have been disappointed with the range and consistency of the motion detection, side by side testing shows the same results. One min it can detect at 7m the next 2m, (never had anything close to 10m at 1.5 meters high). I wanted to know more about the hardware so had a quick tear down.

Argus 2 has a decent Excelitas LHI 968 PIR chip, no range specified in the data sheet but 100' horizontal and vertical field of view. The sensor fits through the housing into what looks like a custom made Fresnel lens, I didn't have time to disa*semble.

So if the performance isn't related to the software detection / trigger / sensitivity. Another likely focus point issue could be the lens optics not being good enough or not meeting our specific environmental setups. I suspect there is a trade off between range vs field of view vs type of detection wanted. Would be great if we could customise the software settings more or even swap out different lens inserts for narrow long range or wide short range use cases..

data sheet: -%20High-End%20Pyro.pdf

IMG_5840.jpg
IMG_5831.jpg

reolink argus eco download

Download File ===> https://t.co/xJhprhdwso

There are of course limitations.
I do not have access to camera information such as remaining battery or events triggered by motion or loud noises, but I can see the camera via home assistant without uploading anything to the reolink cloud.

df19127ead