U CANN2 - We need your help next Saturday, May 21

Sam Piro

May 14, 2011, 8:22:29 PM5/14/11
to U CANN2 Members

Fellow U CANN2 Volunteers,

As you know, we are volunteering one Saturday a month at Bernie’s Book Bank.  Normally that would be the last Saturday of the month, but this month that is Memorial Day weekend.  So this month we are

volunteering this Saturday, May 21.  We will be working a two-hour shift from 9:00 to 11:00 am.

U CANN2 is very proud that we have been given responsibility for the Book Room at the Kid’s First Health Fair.  We have partnered with Bernie’s Book Bank.  Bernie’s Book Bank is a great organization, which is committed to getting gently used books into the hands of underprivileged kid’s.  In the last year and a half Bernie’s has distributed over 220,000 books.  Let’s help them help others.

Please visit their website at www.berniesbookbank.org .

Please let me know that you will come out and help.

The warehouse is located at:

28101 Ballard Ave.

Unit A

Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.

This is always a great event!

As always,

Sam Piro

U CANN2

Samp...@comcast.net

(847) 732-6764

The Kids 1st Health Fair is collaboration between Lake County Health Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science & United Way of Lake County.  The Fair is held on the Wednesday in August.  It is a one-day, one-stop opportunity to prepare Lake County children of limited-income families to be medically ready for the first day of school by providing immunizations & health screenings.  Additional community partners demonstrate their commitment to the well-being of Lake County residents by partnering in a variety of ways.  The Fair provides free school supplies and free, age-appropriate books to children who participate in the Fair.  Both the school supplies and books serve as incentives for children who complete their medical needs.