Just a Reminder - U CANN2 Will be at Bernie's Book Bank Saturday, May 21

1 view

Sam Piro

May 19, 2011, 7:31:28 PM5/19/11
to U CANN2 Members, U CANN2 Book Drive Group

Fellow U CANN2 Volunteers,

As you know, we are volunteering this Saturday, May 21.  We will be working a two-hour shift from 9:00 to 11:00 am.

Bernie’s Book Bank is a great organization, which is committed to getting gently used books into the hands of underprivileged kids.  In the last year and a half Bernie’s has distributed over 220,000 books.

Please visit their website at www.berniesbookbank.org .

Please let me know that you will come out and help.

  The warehouse is located at:

  28101 Ballard Ave.

  Unit A

  Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.

This is always a great event!

As always,

Sam Piro

U CANN2

Samp...@comcast.net

(847) 732-6764

The Kids 1st Health Fair is collaboration between Lake County Health Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science & United Way of Lake County.  The Fair is held on the Wednesday in August.  It is a one-day, one-stop opportunity to prepare Lake County children of limited-income families to be medically ready for the first day of school by providing immunizations & health screenings.  Additional community partners demonstrate their commitment to the well-being of Lake County residents by partnering in a variety of ways.  The Fair provides free school supplies and free, age-appropriate books to children who participate in the Fair.  Both the school supplies and books serve as incentives for children who complete