Volunteers needed in the Book Room Aug 7

Sam Piro

Jul 17, 2013, 7:29:37 PM7/17/13
to U CANN2
Fellow U CANN2 Members,

The Annual Kids 1st Health Fair is coming up on Wednesday, August 7.

After the kids get their medical needs met, each child at the fair receives free, age-appropriate pack of books to take home.  The books are provided by Bernie’s Book Bank.  U CANN2 has again accepted responsibility for the Book Room.  We still need a few volunteers for the third shift (4:30 to 8:00) to staff the Book Room on Wednesday, August 7.  If you speak Spanish it is a plus.

The fair will be held at the Miguel Juarez School in Waukegan

INTERESTED?  Please email me to let me know that you will volunteer, or if you have any questions.  Please include your name, phone number

For those of you who were not able to participate in past years, Kids 1st is a one-day, one-stop health fair to prepare children of limited income families living in Lake County for school.  The kids get their immunizations, lead tests, physicals, dental screenings and TB tests.

Thanks in advance,
Sam Piro
U CANN2

This event is sponsored by Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, the United Way of Lake County, and the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center