Subject Line: U CANN2 - We need your help sorting books this Saturday

Sam Piro

Jul 26, 2010, 7:11:31 PM7/26/10
to U CANN2 Members

Fellow U CANN2 Volunteers,

As you know, U CANN2 has been given complete responsibility for the Book Room at the Kid’s First Health Fair this year.  We collected about 3,500 books.  Then we partnered with Bernie’s Book Bank.  They matched our books two for one.  We can now give six books to every single child that attends the health fair.  We will distribute about 11,000 books!

With all these books we need your help.  The books are at a warehouse in Libertyville.  This Saturday, July 31, we will sort and bag the books at the warehouse.  We are working in two-hour shifts.  (The shifts are 8:00 am to 10:00 am, 10:00 am to Noon, or Noon to 2:00 pm.)  Can you make any of those shifts?  Which would you prefer?  The warehouse is located at 922 E. Park Ave, Libertyville.

Please let me that you can be there and which shift you prefer.  If you’re interested, I will send you directions.

This is going to be great!

As always,

Sam Piro

U CANN2

Samp...@comcast.net

(847) 732-6764

In its 18th year, Kids 1st Health Fair is a collaboration between Lake County Health Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science & United Way of Lake County, The Fair is a one-day, one-stop opportunity to prepare Lake County children of limited-income families to be medically ready for the first day of school by providing immunizations & health screenings.  Additional community partners demonstrate their commitment to the well-being of Lake County residents by partnering in a variety of ways.  The Fair provides free school supplies and free, age-appropriate books to children who participate in the Fair.  Both the school supplies and books serve as incentives for children who complete their medical needs.