U CANN2 - We need your help this Saturday Morning

Sam Piro

Apr 24, 2011, 3:24:04 PM4/24/11
to U CANN2 Members

Fellow U CANN2 Volunteers,

U CANN2 is very proud that once again we have been given responsibility for the Book Room at the Kid’s First Health Fair.  We have again partnered with Bernie’s Book Bank.  The Book Bank has committed to making enough books available so that we can distribute six books to each child that attends the Health fair.  In the meantime, UCANN2 will volunteer at the Book Bank’s Lake Forest warehouse on the last Saturday of every month.

Starting this Saturday, April 30, we will be working a two-hour shift from 9:00 to 11:00 am.

It is very light duty work.  We will sort books by age group and pack them into bags of six books each.  With a room full of fellow volunteers the time flies.

Please let me that you will come out and help us.  The warehouse is located at 28101 Ballard Ave. Unit A, Lake Forest, Illinois 60045.

This is going to be great!

As always,

Sam Piro

U CANN2

Samp...@comcast.net

(847) 732-6764

The Kids 1st Health Fair is a collaboration between Lake County Health Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science & United Way of Lake County.  The Fair is held on the Wednesday in August.  It is a one-day, one-stop opportunity to prepare Lake County children of limited-income families to be medically ready for the first day of school by providing immunizations & health screenings.  Additional community partners demonstrate their commitment to the well-being of Lake County residents by partnering in a variety of ways.  The Fair provides free school supplies and free, age-appropriate books to children who participate in the Fair.  Both the school supplies and books serve as incentives for children who complete their medical needs.