U CANN2 Volunteers Needed for The Kids 1st Health Fair on August 4

0 vue

Sam Piro

non lue,
29 juin 2010, 23:55:2229/06/2010
à U CANN2 Members

Fellow U CANN2 Members,

The 18th Annual Kids 1st Health Fair is coming up on Wednesday, August 4.  (They need our volunteer list by the end of next week!)

After the kids get their medical needs met, each child at the fair receives free, age-appropriate books to take home.  This year, U CANN2 has accepted complete responsibility for the Book Room.  A core group of volunteers has already been collecting the books.  Now we need volunteers to sort the books on Tuesday, August 3 and staff the Book Room on Wednesday, August 4.  If you speak Spanish it is a huge plus.

Please save one of those days and come out and help us with this great event.  (What the heck, save both days!)

The fair will be held at the Miguel Juarez School in Waukegan on Wednesday, August 4.  There are three shifts 8:30 - 12:30, 12:15 - 4:00 and 3:45 - 8:00.

The sorting day will be Tuesday, August 3, also at Miguel Juarez School.  There will be one shift from 8:00 – 2:00.

INTERESTED?  Please email Sandi (scg...@comcast.net), or me, no later than Thursday, July 8 to let us know that you will volunteer, or if you have any questions.  Please include your name, phone number, date and shift choice.

For those of you who were not able to participate last year, Kids 1st is a one-day, one-stop health fair to prepare children of limited income families living in Lake County for school.  For more details, please see the attachment.  Kids get their immunizations, lead tests, physicals, dental screenings and TB tests.

Thanks in advance,

Sam Piro

U CANN2

samp...@comcast.net

This event is sponsored by Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, the United Way of Lake County, and the Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center

Health Fair Flyer.pdf
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer