could I perform the disambiguation task for verbs ??

Mahmoud Ammar

May 28, 2015, 7:01:45 AM5/28/15
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Actually, I'm focusing on VerbNet classes for verbs. What I want to ask is: can I know the exact class for a verb in a sentence ? e.g.the bird is flying now . I would like to see the output for "fly" verb is "motion class"

Is this can be done with the API or I have just to see all classes for a verb?

thanks

Judith Eckle-Kohler

May 28, 2015, 8:30:00 AM5/28/15
to uby-...@googlegroups.com, ma7mou...@gmail.com
Hi,

the Uby API as a standalone tool is just a means to query a UBY database.

In order to perform a task such as verb sense disambiguation, you need to apply a word sense disambiguation (WSD) algorithm and you need a framework for processing your sentences.

One way to perform WSD is to use the Uby API in combination with a text processing framework, such as the UIMA-based DKPro Core component collection for natural language processing, see https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/.

There is a lot of background and information on UIMA-based text processing with Uby and DKPro Core, including sample code, in the recent UBY tutorial (May 2015), see the link here: https://code.google.com/p/uby/

Best
Judith