Maven repository

Jens Haase

Apr 18, 2012, 3:18:06 AM4/18/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I try to figure out how I can use the UBY-API from Maven. First I thought it should be available in the Maven Central Repository, but instead I found it under:

Adding this to my pom, I get the following error:

I can see the pom file but not the jar. Maybe this is only for internal usage. Could you please provide the information how to add UBY-API to Maven.

Cheers,
Jens Haase

Tristan Miller

Apr 18, 2012, 3:25:00 AM4/18/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jens,

On 12-04-18 09:18 AM, Jens Haase wrote:
> Could you please provide the information how to add UBY-API to Maven.

I'm just a lowly user, but here's what I did, using Eclipse with the
appropriate Maven and Subversion plugins:

1) In the SVN Repository Perspective, add the Uby Google Code subversion
repository <http://uby.googlecode.com/svn/de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby/trunk>

2) Right-click on the folder that appears and select "Check out as Maven
project…"

You'll then get the latest Uby source code checked out and the modules
should become available to select as dependencies in your local POMs.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Doctoral Researcher | Tel: +49 6151 16 6166
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab | Fax: +49 6151 16 5455

signature.asc

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Apr 18, 2012, 3:26:37 AM4/18/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby is an aggregator project. It binds together all the uby modules on the Maven level, but is not itself a JAR. You need to add dependencies to those modules of uby that your require.

To make sure that you always get the same versions for all your uby dependencies, I recommend to add the de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby artifact to your dependency management section with the type "pom" and the scope "import". If you do that, do not specify any versions on the actual uby modules that you add to your dependencies.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Jens Haase

Apr 18, 2012, 3:48:44 AM4/18/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Richard,

this works for me. Here is what I added to the pom file:

<project>
  <repositories>
  <repository>
<snapshots>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</snapshots>
<id>ukp-oss</id>
<name>TU Darmstadt UKP</name>
</repository>
  </repositories>
  <dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby</groupId>
<artifactId>
de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby.integration.wordnet-gpl
</artifactId>
</dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <dependencyManagement>
  <dependencies>
  <dependency>
  <groupId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby</groupId>
  <artifactId>de.tudarmstadt.ukp.uby</artifactId>
  <version>0.1.0</version>
  <type>pom</type>
  <scope>import</scope>
  </dependency>