Could I use this API for Semantic Role Labeling ??

silver...@gmail.com

May 28, 2015, 4:44:20 AM5/28/15
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi every body,
Sorry for my silly question but I'm not so expert with API
Could someone help me If I can use this API to label a sentence semantically ?? In other words, I want the input to be a sentence not a word and after that I would like to label as much possible as according to VerbNet and FrameNet labeling rules and classes?

Is that possible? If yes, can you please write a simple example of code for that??

Many thanks in Advance

Judith Eckle-Kohler

May 28, 2015, 8:22:45 AM5/28/15
to uby-...@googlegroups.com, silver...@gmail.com
Hi,

the Uby API as a standalone tool is just a means to query a UBY database.

In order to perform a text processing task such as semantic role labeling, the Uby API has to be queried from within a text processing framework, such as the UIMA-based DKPro Core component collection for natural language processing, see https://code.google.com/p/dkpro-core-asl/.

There is a lot of background and information on UIMA-based text processing with Uby and DKPro Core, including sample code, in the recent UBY tutorial (May 2015), see the link here: https://code.google.com/p/uby/

While there are no code specific examples covering the the annotation of semantic roles, you might get an idea how this could be done.
Mind, however, that this would be a knowledge-based annotation which is not as robust as statistical semantic role labeling systems.

Best
Judith