Filter getSensesByOriginalReference() by lexicon

Tristan Miller

Nov 20, 2012, 12:18:53 PM11/20/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

Many Uby methods for querying the database (e.g., getLexicalEntries())
take an optional Lexicon parameter for filtering the result by lexicon.

I note that there is no polymorph of getSensesByOriginalReference()
which accepts such a parameter. Is there any way of making this method
return entries from only a single lexicon or set of lexicons? Or is my
only recourse to individually check each sense it returns to make sure
it's in the lexicon I want?

The default behaviour is a problem for me because many original
references are not unique. For example, it's possible for two articles
in Wikipedia and WikipediaDE to share the same title, and for two senses
in WiktionaryEN and WiktionaryDE to share the same JWKTL ID.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Doctoral Researcher
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA)

signature.asc

Judith Eckle-Kohler

Nov 20, 2012, 3:36:27 PM11/20/12
to UBY Users
Hi Tristan,

thanks for pointing this out, the method
getSensesByOriginalReference() should indeed have an optional Lexicon
parameter.
We are aware that the UBY-API is very incomplete and prototypical yet
and we are working on improving it.
As UBY is an open source project, we welcome developers who are
willing to contribute to the UBY-API. Would you like to become a
contributor?

Regards
Judith

On 20 Nov., 18:18, Tristan Miller <mil...@ukp.informatik.tu-
>  signature.asc
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

Tristan Miller

Nov 21, 2012, 3:05:15 AM11/21/12
to uby-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

On 20/11/12 09:36 PM, Judith Eckle-Kohler wrote:
> thanks for pointing this out, the method
> getSensesByOriginalReference() should indeed have an optional Lexicon
> parameter.
> We are aware that the UBY-API is very incomplete and prototypical yet
> and we are working on improving it.
> As UBY is an open source project, we welcome developers who are
> willing to contribute to the UBY-API. Would you like to become a
> contributor?

Sure, if you're willing to take on those who just contribute occasional
bugfixes or enhancements rather than perform substantial core
development. :)
signature.asc

Judith Eckle-Kohler

Nov 21, 2012, 3:12:53 AM11/21/12
to UBY Users
Yes, we especially welcome those who occasionally contribute
enhancements to the UBY-API in the context of some specific use case
(such as yours), because this way the UBY-API will be brought to life.

Regards
Judith