KDE On Windows Challenges Microsoft On Its Own Turf

1 view

Maleeq

Feb 9, 2009, 9:16:27 AM2/9/09
to ubuntunigeria
After the guru, Bigrovar posted screenshots of the new KDE4.2 on
nairaland.com, I gave it a try and mehn was I so impressed.

Simplicity, details, beauty, effizy plenty. Reading further, I ran
across a post that KDE 4.2 can be used as a "skin" on windows...not
just a skin, but it brings along with it a port of almost all FOSS
applications with no extra configuration!!! Now, if that ain't great,
I dont know what will be!

Here's a link to article about it. More info at the official KDE site:
http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2009/02/01/kde-on-windows-challenges-microsoft-on-its-own-turf/

Cheers matey!

bigb...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 12:56:30 PM2/9/09
to ubuntunigeria
hehe i installed it on archlinux and i was really impressed with what
i saw .. its very sleek and a great improvement from kde 4.1.. am
happy that the kde team have finally put their acts together. although
i run it as default for my arch box.. i still use gnome on my
laptop .. old habit die hard i guess
> Here's a link to article about it. More info at the official KDE site:http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2009/02/01/kde-on-windows-challenges-micros...
>
> Cheers matey!

Fanen Ahua

Feb 10, 2009, 7:33:17 AM2/10/09
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
so I am the only confirmed GNOME lover on this forum... i weep.

Don't get me wrong though, I like what KDE is doing for Free Software. I'm just not a KDE dude. he he. I should give it another go one of these days, maybe I'll switch camps again.

picFanen Ahua
Random quote: Mother told me to be good but she's been wrong before.

> Cheers matey!

signature.asc