[Fwd: Re: Help! Mounting USB Hard Drive Permission]

Fanen Ahua

Feb 18, 2009, 7:17:20 AM2/18/09
to ubuntunigeria
You can simply encrypt your drive. using LUKs Its (1) Safer.  (2) Won't work on windows.
http://emcken.dk/weblog/archives/164-Encrypted-USB-drive-in-Ubuntu.html

GNOME can remember your password and automatically decrypt it whenever its plugged on your system.

Careful when following those instructions, because if you supply the wrong device, you may wipe your hard drive clean :)

picFanen Ahua
Random quote: I put the shotgun in an Adidas bag and padded it out with four pairs of tennis socks, not my style at all, but that was what I was aiming for: If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy. So I decided to get as crude as possible. These days, though, you have to be pretty technical before you can even aspire to crudeness. -- Johnny Mnemonic, by William Gibson

stock_smiley-1.png
signature.asc