Desktop search on 9.04

Fanen A.

Jul 24, 2009, 11:04:24 AM7/24/09
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
Guys, how is tracker behaving for you guys in 9.04? It seems to suck,
big time for me. Crashes halfway thru indexing saying that the index
is corrupt, and seems to hang forever if I say "re-index". I am
downloading beagle right now, if it behaves better, i'm booting
tracker out of my disk.

Bobby

Jul 24, 2009, 11:12:58 AM7/24/09
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
To be frank i rarely use tracker (or in fact any search tool on ubuntu) i think the last time i did was in feisty .. most times i just use the locate command and it does the job for me so i wouldn't know but i will try and see if i can recreate the problem on my netbook when i get home . btw have you tried googling the issue to see if its a common problem. am on kde 4.3 now and all i can say is its awesome .. i find it hard to leave my laptop now .. its just sooo sweet and transparent .. you know am a kde person at heart (just the recent release has been buggy so i took refuge in gnome) now am back to my root and am loving every minute of it ..
--

A player that makes a team great is better than a great player

Fanen Ahua

Jul 24, 2009, 11:17:47 AM7/24/09
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
good for you.

You know I only use the command line when all else fails. and you know I will stick to GNOME till... i don't know when i'll change :)

No plan to google. I don't plan to work-around something that should be an important feature in the desktop. I'm annoyed it doesn't work, and am glad there's an alternative to tracker. will try it. Right now, every byte that flows into my computer is a bit too important to waste trying to fix a problem I can avoid by using another program. you know my situation nah.

picFanen Ahua
Random quote:

face-smile.png