Venue confirmed! Yay!

Jane Zhang

Sep 14, 2006, 10:52:22 AM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I am happy to announce that we have been confirmed to hold our event at the Centre for Social Innovation! A big thanks goes to Community Bandwidth (http://www.communitybandwidth.ca/) for sponsoring us so there will be no cost. J We only have 2 out of the three rooms for our event, the space can hold about 20 people at a time. I am going to sign the contract for the space tomorrow so I would love extra help when it comes to security, setup, cleaning up during and after the event on Saturday.

Here’s the info:

Centre for Social Innovation

215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 120
Toronto, Ontario

(Yahoo! Maps, Google Maps)

Jane

Dave Sullivan

Sep 14, 2006, 11:42:50 AM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Nice work, Jane. Now I just need to get that revised press
release from Andrew so we can start sending it out.

Here's what we've got so far, just to review:
- craigslist
- TLUG, also New LUG (for new users)
- upcoming.org
- university CS profs/billboards/etc.
- linux meetup on meetup.com

Any other suggestions for places we can post the press release?

Dave

crazy...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2006, 11:52:40 AM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
Well done Jane!

I'll be happy to help out any way I can! I'll be happy to arrive early and
leave late!

Patrick

On Thursday 14 September 2006 10:52, Jane Zhang wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am happy to announce that we have been confirmed to hold our event at the
> Centre for Social Innovation! A big thanks goes to Community Bandwidth
> (http://www.communitybandwidth.ca/) for sponsoring us so there will be no

> cost. :-) We only have 2 out of the three rooms for our event, the space

> can hold about 20 people at a time. I am going to sign the contract for the
> space tomorrow so I would love extra help when it comes to security, setup,
> cleaning up during and after the event on Saturday.
>

> Here's the info:
>

> Centre for <http://upcoming.org/venue/5425> Social Innovation

> 215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 120
> Toronto, Ontario
>
> (Yahoo!

> <http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?addr=215+Spadina+Avenue%2C+Suite+120&csz=
>T oronto+Ontario+> Maps, Google
> <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=215+Spadina+Avenue%2C+Suite+120,+Toronto,+On
>t ario+> Maps)
>
> :-)
>
> Jane

Dave Sullivan

Sep 14, 2006, 1:20:52 PM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
I've posted the press release to craigslist and the Toronto Linux Meetup
group:

http://toronto.craigslist.org/eve/207238609.html
http://linux.meetup.com/22/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2211206&lastpage=yes#5174224

Again, feel free to post the press release anywhere you deem necessary.
I'll send it to NOW and EYE magazine.

--
Dave Sullivan <demsu...@gmail.com>
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DaveSullivan

demsu...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2006, 1:28:24 PM9/14/06
to ubuntu-toronto
I just sent the press release to NOW and EYE magazines, though its
definitely too late to get published, but at least we're getting the
word out. Who else is distributing the press release, and to who?

Jane Zhang

Sep 14, 2006, 1:41:31 PM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
I am working on upcoming.org.

Will also be forwarding it to CS department at UofT, and various other
friends.

Jane

Dave Sullivan

Sep 14, 2006, 1:44:53 PM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. I just e-mailed it to my old instructor at CDI College, and
asked him if he'd post it on the bulletin board in the networking lab,
and perhaps mention it to the students.

Dave

Dave Sullivan

Sep 14, 2006, 2:15:52 PM9/14/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
I just sent the press release to the Toronto Sun, the Toronto Star, and
more importantly, the 24 Hours newspaper and the Metro News. It may not
get published, but again, at least we're getting the word out. Patrick
is also submitting the press release to various radio stations.

Dave

crazydoode

Sep 16, 2006, 8:07:54 PM9/16/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome day guys and gals!! It exceeded my expections by zillions!!!

I would personally like to thank all those that help out both by being there
and by being there in spirit, it rocked!

I can hardly wait for our next event!!

Patrick