Re: ten-foot-tux deployment

1 view

Dave Sullivan

Sep 15, 2006, 2:51:40 PM9/15/06
to The Canadian Ubuntu Users Community
Out front of the Centre for Social Innovation, preferably :)
We'll talk about this tonight, as Jane is more familiar with the
location than any of us.

--
Dave Sullivan <demsu...@gmail.com>
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/DaveSullivan

ja...@partnershipplatform.ca

Sep 15, 2006, 8:07:05 PM9/15/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
sorry I can't be there in person tonight everyone... I went by the Centre
for Social Innovation earlier today and saw no electrical outlets near the
door. The self-contained battery+inverter might be our only option
tomorrow if we want the ten-footer outside.

here are some things we need to think about for tomorrow:

Setup:

I should be there around 9:30am to open the doors, turn off the alarms
etc. Any of you that want to come early to help set up would be great.

Projector:

Can we confirm if we have a projector tomorrow to do demo's if need be?

Power-bars:

Don't know how many people are bringing their lappy... but we might need a
power-bar or two to plug everything in.

Coffee??:

We have access to a small kitchen with a nice coffee maker, so if you
wanna drink some, please bring your own.

:-)

Jane

Dave M. Sullivan

Sep 15, 2006, 8:16:34 PM9/15/06
to ubuntu-...@googlegroups.com
David has a couple of 100ft extension cords he's willing to lend us,
so power for Tux should be no problem. As for a projector, we don't
currently have a hook-up for one. Any chance that you can get your
hands on one at such short notice?

I will be there at 9:30 definitely. We've currently got 130 CDs
stuffed with inserts, and 150 brochures to hand out. Patrick got some
sidewalk chalk, and I made 2 t-shirts.

I'd really like it if we could get a projector, so we could do
presentation-based speeches and demos and such. If not... we'll have
to figure out how we're going to do demos. Any suggestions?

Dave

--
Dave Sullivan <demsu...@gmail.com>

ja...@partnershipplatform.ca