Lost Apache2?

Dan Healy

Dec 26, 2012, 5:45:46 PM12/26/12
to Ubuntu Texas Local Community Team, ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
I have apparently lost apache2 and don't know how to get it back.  mySQL works and php works on the remote server.  The browser can't find localhost.  How do I find out what I am missing and get it back?  I am using ubuntu 12.04 with all of the current updates.  Any ideas on how I lost it?

Thanks, Dan H

Nathan Roe

Dec 27, 2012, 9:57:44 AM12/27/12
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean "lost"?  Are you unable to connect to the HTTP server, or has the package mysteriously disappeared?  "dpkg -l | grep apache2" will tell you what apache2 packages are installed.  If it's not installed all of a suddent, just install it.  If it still is, then maybe use "netstat -lnp --inet" to tell you what services are listening, or "ps -ef | grep apache" to see if it's just not running.  You may just need to restart it.