LAMP Installation

Dan Healy

Oct 1, 2014, 11:34:24 AM10/1/14
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
I have just installed ubuntu 14.04 and it seems to be working.  I now have to install LAMP.  Where can I find a good cookbook approach to doing that?

Thanks,

Dan H

Jacob Isreal

Oct 1, 2014, 3:13:16 PM10/1/14
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Dan, searching the internet is the first thing you can do - there are TONS of articles on this.  Here's a How-To for 14.04 from a source I trust:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-on-ubuntu-14-04

Jacob

Lee Sharp

Oct 2, 2014, 12:35:53 AM10/2/14
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Quick way... Bring up a command line, and run "sudo tasksel" and you
can pick and choose server components like LAMP.

Lee

Dan Healy

Oct 5, 2014, 3:38:34 PM10/5/14
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all of the help. I am up and running on 14.04.  I still have some problems, but I will post them later when I am sure I can't fix them.

Dan H