An HTML form problem

Dan Healy

Nov 6, 2012, 1:59:23 PM11/6/12
to Ubuntu Texas Local Community Team, ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
I have the following text area on a form:

<textarea name="taAnswer" rows="2" cols="40" tabindex="1" wrap onclick="checkAnswer()" onfocus="clear_answer()"></textarea>

When the form is displayed on the website I expect the cursor to be in this text area, and it isn't.  When I press the tab key the cursor appears in this text area.  I can't figure out why it doesn't appear there when the form is originally displayed.  Any ideas?

I appreciate that this is not an Ubuntu problem but would still appreciate any help that is available.

Dan H

Jonny Nguyen

Nov 6, 2012, 6:31:06 PM11/6/12
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
do you use jquery?

Dan Healy

Nov 8, 2012, 1:03:51 PM11/8/12
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response.  I don't use jquery.

I have found that when am debugging and tweaking code I can mess it up so, for no apparent reason, it doesn't work.  What I have found that does work is to go to a backup version and start my current changes from there.  The page now works as I expected.

Thanks again, Dan H