Dansguardian experts

Lee Sharp

May 17, 2013, 2:52:09 PM5/17/13
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Anyone here in Houston have a lot of experience with Dansguardian,
squid, and AD authentication? I am trying to set one up and I am having
odd issues that I am having trouble nailing down.

I log in, and Dans says I did it OK, and Squid says I failed, and I keep
getting login, and never get data. Weather or not the username actually
exists is irrelevant.

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g both work, while wbinfo -i fails. "net rpc"
with a good AD username and password works as expected.

I have tasty beer (or something else) for the winner!

Lee

Daniel Smith

May 19, 2013, 11:42:45 AM5/19/13
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com

I've only used Kerberos and open LDAP. not sure if that would be helpful. What version AD? Did you add the Unix Attributes service? I'm not familiar with those commands.

ralyon

Lee Sharp

May 20, 2013, 11:52:35 AM5/20/13
On 05/19/2013 10:42 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
> I've only used Kerberos and open LDAP. not sure if that would be
> helpful. What version AD? Did you add the Unix Attributes service? I'm
> not familiar with those commands.

Server 2k8. No additionall attributes. Don't need them. It is just a
challange response on a username. An "Is this valid" check.

wbinfo is a winbind command. However, it does not all credentials to
pass that easily...

Still banging my head on this...

Lee

Lee Sharp

May 20, 2013, 7:23:03 PM5/20/13
to ubuntu-ho...@googlegroups.com
Finally go it! You actually need the relm defined in a few places... Sigh.

Lee