I got banned for a flamewar in forums

pmasiar

Apr 29, 2007, 10:49:52 PM4/29/07
to Ubuntu Connecticut Local Team
so pls cc: important messages for me here - I cannot read forums

we have at programming forum one expert flamebaiter, j_g
Very smooth operator, annoys only old-timers, and slightly.
At least 3 forums members already left because of him.
Looks like I am the 4th

scot flewelling

Apr 30, 2007, 8:08:56 AM4/30/07
to ubuntu-co...@googlegroups.com
Peter,

Sorry to hear! In any case, duly noted.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend ... lot's of kids baseball for me.

Regards,

Scot

Drago...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 8:57:23 AM4/30/07
to Ubuntu Connecticut Local Team
Yeah, sorry to hear.

Just an FYI, I added a poll to see what kind of recurring schedule for
IRC meetings would work (bi-weekly, 2nd Thrusday, 15th of every month,
etc.). Once we get that set up you'll know when the meetings are
without going to the forums.

"Cannot read the forums" does that mean you're account is banned (make
another account) or are you able to read-only as an anonymous reader?

Drew

On Apr 30, 8:08 am, "scot flewelling" <scot.flewell...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Sorry to hear! In any case, duly noted.
>
> Hope you enjoyed your weekend ... lot's of kids baseball for me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scot

Peter Masiar

Apr 30, 2007, 9:57:13 AM4/30/07
to ubuntu-co...@googlegroups.com

On 4/30/07, Drago...@gmail.com <Drago...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, sorry to hear.

"Cannot read the forums" does that mean you're account is banned (make
another account) or are you able to read-only as an anonymous reader?

I cannot read, I am reluctant to create another account.

We have wars with this particular flamer before, and mods are trying to be nice
to him even if j_g spreads smear on Linux and promotes windowes.

3 forum regulars left disgusted already (were answering post regularily before, and they are gone), looks like I will join them.
I told mods one of us should be banned, and looks like they chose me.

This j_g guy is good - expert troll. :-(

I think I will focus more on my own python project instead.

Drago...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2007, 11:43:03 AM4/30/07
to Ubuntu Connecticut Local Team
Hey, there's a missing comment next to my name. Just want to point
that out in case that confuses anybody.