CT LoCo update

1 view

Bruce Lerner

Sep 19, 2007, 12:17:46 AM9/19/07
to ubuntu-co...@googlegroups.com
In case you're not checking the forums, I'm sending an update on the Danbury show.
As Debbie notes, there's an IRC chat on Thursday and a show in Southington on Sunday.

Cheers,
Bruce

First Cup of Ubuntu

Beans: 4
Re: Project : Outreach

Hi Deb.
Sorry I was unavailable last week. I have a match in the morning, but should be able to get to the show around noon. I have printed up some more cards. What else would useful. Give a call today if you're going.

EVERYONE !!!!!!
How about some brainstorming on what might be a bit 'showy' for the masses.
Does anyone have COMPIZ running? Are there any good 'show' apps?

ANYONE ELSE SIGNING ON ???

EVEN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HANG OUT AT THE TABLE, STOP BY AND SAY HELLO.

Hope to see some of you this weekend if Deb has signed us up.

Bruce
__________________
Old 23 Hours Ago
First Cup of Ubuntu

Beans: 4
Re: Project : Outreach

Debbie did have us signed up and spent the day at the show. I arrived around 1:30p. Overall the show was slow. While I was there, we discussed installing Ubuntu with 2 showgoers and spoke with maybe a dozen people in total. No one admitted to being a LoCo member.

I've now done a show in Hartford and one in Danbuy and haven't met anyone from the LoCo. I'm planning on being at the Southington show until about 2pm. The level of group involvement is not meeting my expectations for a community effort. I can't tell if I missed the initial wave of involvement or if critical mass was never reached.

Let me know what you all think. Is there a LoCo here or not?

Bruce
Unread 2 Hours Ago
Debbie's Avatar
5 Cups of Ubuntu

Location: Thomaston, CT USA
Beans: 20
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy User
Re: IRC Meeting

I would just like to remind everyone of the IRC meeting that is supposed to be happening this Thursday, Sept. 20, at 9:00PM.
(#ubuntu-connecticut FreeNode IRC Channel) I am proposing a discussion topic on how to keep the LoCo alive, if anyone still reads these posts and is interested in making this work. Bruce and I have handed out quite a few CDs and business cards with information about this group to people who seemed to be interested. It will be hard to recruit new members when the existing members do not participate in the forums or discussions.