CT Blog? Wiki Updates?

jblo...@gmail.com

May 3, 2007, 11:37:56 PM5/3/07
to Ubuntu Connecticut Local Team
I would love to be able to help out some more. Is it possible to start
up a LoCo CT team blog? A quick place to post things like meeting
minutes, news, etc? I'd have no problem keeping that updated. I think
a more formal way to make announcements is in order, as I didn't even
know about the informal meeting tonight.

Maybe the wiki can also be updated with info like that?

I know we can get a wordpress blog setup on the Ubuntu servers. If we
decide that is a good idea, I can get that rolling.

Peter Masiar

May 4, 2007, 8:42:24 AM5/4/07
to ubuntu-co...@googlegroups.com
blog is fine - but IMHO the best option is mailing list with low noise (possible annoncement-only, safe to subscribe)

because best way to get in touch with me is to get in touch wih my inner INBOX :-)
push, not pull.

On 5/3/07, jblo...@gmail.com <jblo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I would love to be able to help out some more. Is it possible to start
up a LoCo CT team blog? A quick place to post things like meeting
minutes, news, etc? I'd have no problem keeping that updated. I think
a more formal way to make announcements is in order, as I didn't even
know about the informal meeting tonight.

there was a meeting? where it was announced?

Drew Kwashnak

May 4, 2007, 9:15:24 AM5/4/07
to ubuntu-co...@googlegroups.com
The Wiki was modified but I think it was modified too late for people to plan for it.  That is one reason why we are looking at setting up a regular schedule for the meetings and we have a poll to fill out to get an idea.  I'm waiting just a little bit longer to find people's preferences and have just included a new poll option (one planned meeting once a month, and informal ones inbetween ) and want to give people a chance to chime in on that one.

The choices include :
  1. Monday
  2. Tuesday
  3. Wednesday
  4. Thursday
  5. Friday
  6. Weekly (pick a day too)
  7. Bi-weekly (pick a day too)
  8. X Yday of every month (i.e. 2nd Thursday)
  9. X of every month (i.e. 1rst of every month)
  10. Other (please detail in post)
  11. one planned meeting once a month, and informal ones inbetween
You can subscribe to the Wiki so that you are emailed whenever this is a change (the email includes what the changes are too).  Also, in the Wiki there is a place the highlights of the meetings have been posted.

The Forum provides the means for the most up-to-date news and you can subscribe to the entire forum so by going into http://www.ubuntuforums.com/usercp it will be listed there and indicate if there is a new thread.

A blog sounds interesting but I think we need to get a better grasp on the communications lines we have going CURRENTLY as well as I need to follow up on the mailing list request.  The blog option may be something to utilize but I think it would be lost in the shuffle at this point.

Before that, though, I would like to set up a Google Calendar that is publicly available and independent of somebody's individual account if at all possible.  The NY team has one and I think it would be a great item for not only IRC meetings, but for people to put times and places of events going on around the place (or further.. like when Ubuntu had that thing at Google in NYC).

It's slowly coming together, we just have to try things out and figure out what will work the best. I'd prefer to have as much of the stuff as possible integrated in the existing Ubuntu system so we don't have a number of accounts people have to maintain and places to check in and to coordinate the data being presented.

~Drew