Texas Linux Fest

Brandon

Feb 12, 2010, 11:37:14 AM2/12/10
to ubuntu-austin
Trying to get more discussion going on the state level about this
topic. Anyone here interested as well? If you have no idea what Texas
linux Fest is -> http://www.texaslinuxfest.org/ . We'd like to get a
booth, (3 of us have stepped up to pay for a dotOrg booth, but the
more the merrier [also cheaper]).

Bryan Bishop

Feb 12, 2010, 12:06:06 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com, Brandon, kan...@gmail.com

I may or may not be presenting. So, I am definitely game for this in
one way or another.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Daniel VanStone

Feb 12, 2010, 12:33:42 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
I would like to take part in a booth but won't make the event it collides w/ a bike rally I am sponsor/vendor of.
Just give me an idea as to how many booths y'all will be able to manage.
http://www.google.com/profiles/oCatacooDesigns

I have previous-- had an interest in becoming a Gold or plat level sponsor but I honestly feel the site should be
set up different to promote and RSVP better.
In my opinion someone should not have to pay to learn about free software.
But it is not my event and I hope it does well

Daniel Roesler

Feb 12, 2010, 2:10:16 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
I went to the planning session on Wednesday, and we weren't really
sure how many booths would be available. Booth preferences will be
given to paid sponsors first and dotOrgs next. There are two likely
places for booths (though not confirmed), in the main lobby and at the
back of the main hall. If we get a booth at the back of the main hall,
we will have to be quiet during sessions. I imagine that lobby booths
will be given first to sponsors and main hall booths will be for
dotOrgs. Are we discussing ubuntu-austin getting a booth or
ubuntu-tx-us? If there is limited booth space, it should probably be
ubuntu-tx-us.

Avast!
Daniel Roesler
dia...@gmail.com

Brandon Tomlinson

Feb 12, 2010, 2:14:52 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com

We're discussing Ubuntu-Tx. Three of us who idle in #ubuntu-us-tx a
lot are going to throw down the money for the booth, it looks like. I
talked to n8willis in #tlf for a moment, I'll attache the log. Anyways
I'm trying to get discussion going on the ubuntu-us-tx list, and I
wasn't sure if all of you were sub'd to that list.

Brandon Tomlinson

Feb 12, 2010, 2:15:44 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com

forgot that log!

tlfLog

Kenneth Adam Miller

Feb 12, 2010, 9:18:02 PM2/12/10
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
well i already bought a supporter's pass... I know that a booth means that you pay even more and that you are supporting... but what does it entail for me? maybe that's a little selfish. From what I've heard, all I'm out to do is have fun. :) I look forward to meeting anyone down there that's a part of ubuntu-us-tx.... in fact, we should exchange contact info before we go so that we can meet up down there! lol