Just Joined up - who's headin' this thing up?

Rocky

Sep 2, 2008, 2:05:33 AM9/2/08
to ubuntu-austin
I just joined the group after attending a few lightly attended
meetings at fliptonics. The meeting at Sherlocks a few months back
was a nice location and well attended.

I don't work in the tech industry (Financial Services Sector) but I
have, over the past 1+ years, learned how to:

Set up Twin View on dual flat panels with "visual effects"
Configure my X11 config file to some degree
Install and use Virtualization seamlessly on my dual screens and run 3
operating systems simulaneously
Set up a SAMBA server and network - with some help

I'd like to get more active in the group and it would be nice if each
month had an "agenda" of some kind - otherwise, I'm effectively just
showing up for coffee or a beer.

Rocky
NW Austin

j norment

Sep 2, 2008, 6:26:58 PM9/2/08
to ubuntu...@googlegroups.com
You might try taking your questions to this meetup (in addition):

http://linux.meetup.com/85/

( The officially supported distro is Ubuntu, and the majority of the
members run it. However, Gentoo and Archlinux are also represented at
the function. )

The group has kicked around the idea of getting an agenda together
each week... no one has really stepped up to provide one. The members
that go bring their questions to the meetup, and usually walk away
with answers, or at least a place to start looking for answers.

-- J.

Rich

Sep 12, 2008, 10:08:13 AM9/12/08
to ubuntu-austin
I think it might be a good idea to start with at least one topic per
meeting that it announced ahead of time.

We could rotate who gives a 10 to 15 minute presentation on a topic
of their choice and leave room for questions, contributions by others
and additional topics.

That way the burden of presentation is low and a wide variety of
topics can be covered.