25 page Ubunchu! side story confirmed for Comiket 80!

Anton Ekblad

Aug 8, 2011, 2:59:42 PM8/8/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Seotch-san just announced on Google+ and his blog that he'll be releasing a 32 page copy book containing a 25 page Ubunchu! side story at Comiket next week. ~50 copies at 300 JPY apiece; no word yet as to whether there will be a permissively licensed digital release later on. It might also go on sale through the usual digital distribution channels approximately forever and a half after Comiket, and there's also a possibility that it'll get included in the planned Ubunchu! tankoubon. Since I live roughly 15000 kilometers away, I'm afraid I won't be dropping by to pick up a physical copy. :(

I figured some people on the list might be interested and didn't know if Seotch-san would care to release the news in English, so I figured I might as well do it.

Bocah Tua Nakal

Aug 8, 2011, 3:06:07 PM8/8/11
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Anton Ekblad <an...@ekblad.cc> wrote:
> Seotch-san just announced on Google+ and his blog that he'll be releasing a
> 32 page copy book containing a 25 page Ubunchu! side story at Comiket next
> week.

CONGRATS!

*bows*

> ~50 copies at 300 JPY apiece; no word yet as to whether there will be
> a permissively licensed digital release later on.

Why don't we just ask him?

*CCed :P*

Spice

Aug 8, 2011, 3:18:13 PM8/8/11
to Ubunchu!
He Has a G+? Anyone have a link so i can add him?

Anton Ekblad

Aug 8, 2011, 3:39:15 PM8/8/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
I already did on G+, but he hasn't answered yet.

*CCed :P*

Anton Ekblad

Aug 9, 2011, 3:50:22 PM8/9/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, there won't be a permissively licensed online release. I've asked Seotch-san if he might consider releasing an English language for-pay version and offered to translate it, but I don't know if dlsite and other similar digital doujinshi stores have strict "NO BAKA GAIJIN LANGUAGE, JAPAN IS SUPERIOR"-rules, or if Seotch-san even likes the idea for that matter.

Martin Owens

Aug 9, 2011, 4:17:16 PM8/9/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
That's a shame, the NC license ASCII used isn't even permissive enough
to be free culture. But I'm sure Seotch-san knows what he's doing and
how to handle the work he's releasing. We'll just be sad to not have a
translation.

Who knows, perhaps he'll get a professional translation team in.

Martin,

JonathanMM

Sep 16, 2011, 11:22:27 AM9/16/11
to Ubunchu!
It's a very bad news :(
I (layout's french's team) have the idea to make a book with the
episodes 1 to 8/9 and 2 or 3 extras. This 25 pages of Ubunchu ! are a
good possible extra but it's not possible without the source. It's
only a idea because the episode are a NC licence, and we must have the
Seotch's autorisation.
About the Ubunchu story's Comiket 80, it's possible to buy online in
the website the book ?
JonathanMM

JonathanMM

Oct 31, 2011, 12:01:18 PM10/31/11
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Le 31/10/2011 17:00, Sylvain Ribeyrot a écrit :
G ? What is it ? g ?

2011/8/8 Spice <rea...@gmail.com>

He Has a G+? Anyone have a link so i can add him?

Google+ ;)
JonathanMM
Message has been deleted