Name this Flycatcher

Dickson Smith

Aug 26, 2022, 6:13:06 PM8/26/22
to UBIRD
Thi flycatcher showed up in my backyard today and has me stumped as to what species it might be. I'm thinking it is a 1st year bird. Some photos were taken out in the open, with full sunlight on it and a couple were taken through  a window in my house as it was perched in a tree next to the house.
So any help would be greatly appreciated in ID'ing it. Also had a Sharpshinned hawk in the yard a couple of days ago and I was able to walk out into the yard and get to within 20 feet of it. It was hunting the house sparrows that are everywhere in my yard. It was also making a low chirp sound as it was scanning the yard.
Still have a goodly number of Roufus and Black-chinned hummingbirds coming to the feeders.

--
Dickson Smith

_I8A9928a.jpg
_I8A9946 Fly Catcher.jpg