Lark Bunting

Dickson Smith

May 31, 2021, 6:32:51 PM5/31/21
to UBIRD
My wife and I decided to take a drive up through some areas of southern Idaho today. Just about a mile north of Daniels Reservoir northwest of Malad, I observed this Lark Bunting sitting on a fence along with two Western Meadowlarks just off of the side of the road. I couldn't believe my eyes. I knew what I was seeing but for the life of me and couldn't remember what it's species name was. I used to see them all the time when I lived out in eastern Wyoming back in the early 80's. As I searched and grabbed my camera, the entire time I was hoping it wouldn't fly off before I could photograph it. To my luck it sat there long enough for me to get about a dozen photos before flying off to the east to disappear out into the sagebrush.

--
Dickson Smith

Bunting_Lark_I8A6057a.jpg

Dickson Smith