Problem restoring ubx-po-0.1.zip and eXist

Richard

Jan 25, 2010, 7:30:48 AM1/25/10
to Ubiquity XForms Developers
Hi,

I'm trying to install the ubx-po-0.1.zip demo.

I have a vanilla clean install of eXist 1.4.0. When I try to restore
the database form the zip file the eXist admin client asks for an
admin password. I've tried all combinations of my current admin
password, setting no admin password and re-installing with both an
empty password an a non-empty password.

All combinations fail with an 'incorrect admin password' and a stack
trace.

I'm guessing that the database resore needs the admin password from
the dump (zip) file. But I don't have this password, and I cant find
it documented anywhere on the Ubiquity wiki.

Please help 0- I;d like to evaulate this technology against the
XForsms XSLT implementation, and this seems a good place to get
started.

Best regards,
Richard

John Boyer

Jan 26, 2010, 11:58:26 AM1/26/10
to Ubiquity XForms Developers
Hi Richard,

Erik updated the wiki page with the information. Can you please have
another look and let us know if you find anything else missing?

Thank you,
John

Richard Padley

Jan 26, 2010, 12:21:45 PM1/26/10
to ubiquit...@googlegroups.com
HI all,

I've just tried this out and the new backup file does restore correctly. The admin password is needed, and the insturctions on the wiki now work for me.

The app runs and I'm just kicking the tyres ...

First problem I've found is that the submit order function does not not seem to work (Safari 4.04 OS X 10.6.2). I put together s ample order and hit submit but nothing seems to happen, and if I login as the administrator my order is not listed.

Thanks for the fix to the backup though!

Richard

> --

Cheers,
Richard Padley