Help with submission, please.

John Hall

Jan 12, 2010, 10:30:33 AM1/12/10
to Ubiquity XForms Developers
I've been trying to get this working for about four days, and will
continue testing, but in the hope that someone can see the problem(s)
before I do, my form (minimalist version) is available here:

http://www3.telus.net/public/wexsessa/XF_FFtest.xhtml

there are some comments following submission in the model.
I'm testing with Firefox 3.5.5, no plugin, and a local copy of
ubiquity-loader.js

One problem is xforms-submit...
If I change method ="post" to form-data-post then I do get an email
ready to go, but its body has no data.
Thinking there may be a problem with serialization, I've tried
mediatype="application/xml" or
serialization="text/plain" or
serialization="application/xml"
but these either make no difference, throw an error, or nothing
visible happens.
(More rigorous tests and notes soon)

John Hall

Jan 14, 2010, 9:14:14 PM1/14/10
to Ubiquity XForms Developers
more information...

in my current simplified test page, which is here:
http://www3.telus.net/public/wexsessa/XFtest.xhtml

I'm now able to see the context info for xforms-submit-error,
and I find that if method="post" then submit fails with error-type of
resource-error
and resource-uri indeed shows my mailto URI. This occurs with Firefox
& Google's Chrome.
I cannot see anything wrong with that URI.

BUT: if I change method="post" to method="form-data-post" I do NOT get
the
form-submit-error and I DO get an email message ready to go,
(suggesting the mailto URI really is OK),
with everything except that the body is empty (Firefox) and
the body has name-value pairs (Chrome).

I understand that name-value pairs is the correct format for form-data-
post,
so I'm not surprised, merely disappointed, as i want application/xml
and my attempts
to change that result in more trouble.

Suggestions, clues etc much appreciated.