Problem with using ubiquity-xforms on a local m/c

Philip Fennell

Oct 6, 2009, 10:11:50 AM10/6/09
to ubiquit...@googlegroups.com
Having had problems getting ubiquity-xforms to work when using:

<http://ubiquity-xforms.googlecode.com/svn/tags/0.7.0/src/ubiquity-loader.js>

Phil Booth suggest I tried running it locally. So, I checked-out a
read-only version from SVN and followed the build instructions, etc,
etc.

I also did the Firefox about:config dance and as a result I was able
to get the samples to run from build/dist/samples. However, if I copy
the build to my local project I cannot get my form to work. If I move
my form to the samples directory to then ubiquity attempts to
interpret the form but then all the XForms controls disappear from the
browser window.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 and Windows Vista SP2 (yes I know and I'm not
happy about it either!)

Has anyone had any similar experiences and/or ideas as to where I'm going wrong.

Regards

Philip Fennell

ubiquity.html

Phil Booth

Oct 6, 2009, 11:37:15 AM10/6/09
to ubiquit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

Reading your email, I've realised that I somewhat misunderstood the
nature of your problem in the issue tracker.

So, contrary to what I claimed there, I can actually reproduce the
first of your issues. It looks like some rogue dependency is
preventing the rolled-up version of the library from working if it is
located outside of the wider source hierarchy. I've raised issue 582
[1] to investigate this problem.

The second issue that you describe, of form controls disappearing in
the loaded form if it has been moved to the samples directory, remains
more of a mystery to me. Hopefully someone else on the list has
experienced it or has some insight to a possible cause...?

Cheers,
Phil.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-xforms/issues/detail?id=582

2009/10/6 Philip Fennell <philip....@gmail.com>: