Ubiquity XForms versus Ubiquity

1 view

John Boyer

Jul 9, 2009, 10:33:00 AM7/9/09
to ubiquity-...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I am concerned about the recent postings regarding submission.  A unit test was removed for DELETE because the functionality of submission has been moved out of Ubiquity XForms and into another project (Ubiquity).  Not clear why a unit test should be removed in this case, but there is a much larger process issue.

Everything necessary to implement XForms needs to be in the Ubiquity XForms project because this is the project for which we have contributor license agreements being tracked and this is the one that many of us have our internal company approvals to work on.

I realize that submissions can be used by other projects, but frankly there are lots of pieces of Ubiquity XForms that can be used by other projects.  But those other projects will need to get those components from Ubiquity XForms.  In the particular case of the project Ubiquity, why can't it just import code from Ubiquity XForms in the way that we're undoubtedly making Ubiquity XForms import from Ubiquity?

Anything that gets moved out of http://code.google.com/p/ubiquity-xforms/ is something we don't have CLA coverage for (nor approval for many of us), and unless the other project has similar due diligence around tracking contributions, the Apache License may not pass muster when it comes time to use the project source in a larger actual product.

Tomorrow, we'll need to discuss the extent of the problem and how to fix it.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boy...@ca.ibm.com

Blog: