The joys of Mercurial

Mark Birbeck

Mar 31, 2010, 5:36:13 PM3/31/10
to ubiquity-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get back on track in the great 'restructure' of the
project that I've been conducting, and those of you on the telecons
will know that a key part of the changes is a conversion from SVN to
Mercurial.

As you'll also know, I drank the cool-aid on this one many moons ago,
and will bore anyone who will listen about it (and many who won't).

But recently I was passed a link to the following web-site by someone
who is trying to get their company to use Mercurial:

<http://hginit.com/>

Although written in a light tone, the opening page on the differences
between SVN and Hg is absolutely spot on!

The whole thing is well worth a read, and you'll probably particularly
like it if you are a Joel Spolsky fan. (And it means you no longer
have to take my word for it.)

Regards,

Mark

--