Goodbye Ubiquity (snif)

psargaco

Jun 25, 2011, 10:37:46 AM6/25/11
to ubiquity-firefox
I have been a loyal user of ubiquity for a while now. Unfortunately
Firefox kept pushing forward and Ubiquity was left behind. Also
unfortunately, I don't have the time to recover my almost lost
programming skills nor to apply them to make Ubiquity work on FF 5. So
it's with a tear in my eyes that I say goodbye to Ubiquity. I would
like to thank the people who conceived such a useful plugin. Maybe in
the future something like Ubiquity will be made available for FF 5.

Cheers,

Paulo

g0to

Jun 26, 2011, 7:05:49 AM6/26/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Same feeling here, Paulo.

Ubiquity had become an indispensable plugin on my firefox and, now that version 5 can't run it at all, I'm already stuck on FF 4.01 and will be for a while until some patch see the light.
It would be great if someone involved in the development could take a look on changes made on FF5 and patch Ubiquity to run on it.

Bests,

  g0to.

Craig Nicol

Jun 26, 2011, 11:49:01 AM6/26/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com

I think ubiquity is officially retired : the team behind it have been building a lot of the features for Ff5 (such as the Jetpack addon platform) and the Prospector labs. It's a big shame, as this is one of the best addons for any browser. I hope they have another look at the platform now that Jetpack and the improved awesome bar are here.

Sent by my carrier pigeon

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

Jun 26, 2011, 3:52:49 PM6/26/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody!! :)

If someone want to use ubiquity at Fx5, you just need to visit the satyr repository at bitbucket and download the XPI:

- https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads

Satyr is doing a great job and "porting" the ubiquity to the new version of Firefox!

I'm using ubiquity at Fx5 and it's working very well! :)

- Clauber Stipkovic

psargaco

Jun 26, 2011, 6:24:55 PM6/26/11
to ubiquity-firefox
Dude! That's fabulous!!! And I thought CTRL-TAB was all over for me.
That is great news, thanks!

On 26 Jun, 20:52, Clauber Stipkovic Halic <clauber.ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey everybody!! :)
>
> If someone want to use ubiquity at Fx5, you just need to visit the satyr
> repository at bitbucket and download the XPI:
>
> -https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads

Arturo Moral

Jun 26, 2011, 7:20:04 PM6/26/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
This is grrrreat! Ubiquity is still alive and satyr's version is even better, recovering some commands I lost with FF4 and regular 0.6.

Clauber, thanks a lot for letting us know satyr's work and lots of thanks to satyr for the work. Please, go on. Ubiquity comunity needs you! ;)

g0to

Once

Jun 28, 2011, 2:00:52 PM6/28/11
to ubiquity-firefox
Wow ! Thanks a lot !

On Jun 26, 9:52 pm, Clauber Stipkovic Halic <clauber.ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey everybody!! :)
>
> If someone want to use ubiquity at Fx5, you just need to visit the satyr
> repository at bitbucket and download the XPI:
>
> -https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads
> > ubiquity-firef...@googlegroups.com.
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-firefox?hl=en.

Jim

Jul 1, 2011, 10:01:04 PM7/1/11
to ubiquity-firefox
On Jun 26, 3:52 pm, Clauber Stipkovic Halic <clauber.ha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If someone want to use ubiquity at Fx5, you just need to visit the satyr
> repository at bitbucket and download the XPI:
> -https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads

Thanks for this. I actually saw it elsewhere on the web when I was
searching today. I really liked Ubiquity and was looking forward to
being able to use it again in Firefox 5. I couldn't even bring up its
interface after the FF5 update. So I installed this version
(0.6.1pre20110619), and was able to call up Ubiquity after doing so.
Unfortunately, that's all I can do -- on both a Windows XP and Windows
7 machines running Firefox 5. When I finally remembered or found out
how to get into the Ubiquity settings, I found out that even though
I'm subscribed to 11 command feeds, I have 0 commands available to
use. I've web searched and experimented a bit, but nothing I've done
so far has enabled any commands. So at the moment, I've got a version
of Ubiquity that I can call up in Firefox 5, but I can't actually use
it to do anything. Has anyone else come across this problem, and if
so, could you please tell me how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any
help you can provide.

Sergey

Jul 5, 2011, 6:45:34 PM7/5/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for sharing this, I was holding off on upgrading to ff5 solely because of Ubiquity.

Jim

Jul 13, 2011, 9:54:45 PM7/13/11
to ubiquity-firefox
On Jul 1, 10:01 pm, Jim <dro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 3:52 pm, Clauber Stipkovic Halic <clauber.ha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > -https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads
>
> So I installed this version
> (0.6.1pre20110619), and was able to call up Ubiquity after doing so.
> Unfortunately, that's all I can do

I still have this problem with the new update, 0.6.1pre20110713, but
my wife doesn't. It works for fine her, but not for me. So it seems
like something with my Firefox configuration is causing the problem.
Does anyone know if there are particular add-ons, extensions, scripts,
etc. that might conflict with Ubiquity and cause it not to work? I'd
really like to have Ubiquity working again, so any help you can
provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.