Japanese users need #381 to be fixed

satyr

Jan 16, 2009, 11:59:24 AM1/16/09
to ubiquity-firefox
http://labs.toolness.com/trac/ticket/381 is a major problem for us --
many are hesitating to use Ubiquity just because of this.
Scanning on Twitter yields lots of complains in fact:
http://pcod.no-ip.org/yats/search?query=ubiquity+(%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E+or+IME+or+%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC)&lang=ja

I've made a solution (http://gist.github.com/44093?startup_fix4ime)
for myself, but have no way to distribute it.

Has #381 been overlooked, or the patch attached to it considered
problematic?

Blair McBride

Jan 16, 2009, 4:54:35 PM1/16/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
I've just applied the fix that was attached to that ticket - it'll be in
the next version of Ubiquity. I was only able to test English input, so
I can only assume it fixes all issues relating to Japanese IME.

Anyway, thanks for bringing that to our attention - its an important
fix, and we sometimes miss tickets that have proposed fixes.

- Blair

Aza

Jan 16, 2009, 5:02:42 PM1/16/09
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Blair and Satyr.

It's great to start being fully international with the help of the community.

-- aza | ɐzɐ --