Upgrading basic commands

16 views
Skip to first unread message

Henrik Marstrander

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 3:23:50 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity-firefox
I was quite into ubiquity up untill 0.5. Im not a code talent, but I
managed to basic examples which I tweeked for my needs. Unfortunatly I
didnt have guts to learn it all over again with the 0.5 update. Now Im
starting to miss my old commands
Can someone help me to update two of my old basic command templates:

- The first is a basic search command where the search term is a part
of the url. This example is for itunes. http://pastebin.com/8p27y6VJ
- The second is like the first, but with a multi-search where each
site is searched in a different tab http://pastebin.com/WTxWVx4T

The code is assembled from various Herd/ tutorial examples etc

Henrik Marstrander

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 3:24:59 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity-firefox
By the way: Is there any good documentation for the 0.5 code
standard.
Examples etc

On 6 Des, 09:23, Henrik Marstrander <hmars...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was quite into ubiquity up untill 0.5. Im not a code talent, but I
> managed to basic examples which I tweeked for my needs. Unfortunatly I
> didnt have guts to learn it all over again with the 0.5 update. Now Im
> starting to miss my old commands
> Can someone help me to update two of my old  basic command templates:
>
> - The first is a basic search command where the search term is a part
> of the url. This example is for itunes.http://pastebin.com/8p27y6VJ

satyr

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 3:41:38 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
> - The first is a basic search command where the search term is a part
> of the url. This example is for itunes. http://pastebin.com/8p27y6VJ

Prefix `CmdUtils.` to `makeSearchCommand`.

> - The second is like the first, but with a multi-search where each
> site is searched in a different tab   http://pastebin.com/WTxWVx4T

http://pastebin.com/HNfgVS4q

> Is there any good documentation for the 0.5 code standard.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity_0.5_Author_Tutorial

Henrik Marstrander

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 3:51:00 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity-firefox
Great, got it
Ill take a lokk at the documentation with new energy : )

On 6 Des, 09:41, satyr <murky.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - The first is a basic search command where the search term is a part
> > of the url. This example is for itunes.http://pastebin.com/8p27y6VJ
>
> Prefix `CmdUtils.` to `makeSearchCommand`.
>
> > - The second is like the first, but with a multi-search where each
> > site is searched in a different tab  http://pastebin.com/WTxWVx4T
>
> http://pastebin.com/HNfgVS4q
>
> > Is there any good documentation for the 0.5 code standard.
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity_0.5_A...

Henrik Marstrander

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 3:51:13 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity-firefox
Great, got it
Ill take a lokk at the documentation with new energy : )

On 6 Des, 09:41, satyr <murky.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - The first is a basic search command where the search term is a part
> > of the url. This example is for itunes.http://pastebin.com/8p27y6VJ
>
> Prefix `CmdUtils.` to `makeSearchCommand`.
>
> > - The second is like the first, but with a multi-search where each
> > site is searched in a different tab  http://pastebin.com/WTxWVx4T
>
> http://pastebin.com/HNfgVS4q
>
> > Is there any good documentation for the 0.5 code standard.
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Labs/Ubiquity/Ubiquity_0.5_A...

Christian Sonne

unread,
Dec 6, 2010, 7:50:02 AM12/6/10
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
This document is a bit ancient, and I can't promise nothing has changed since, but it should describe in some detail the newer features of makeSearchCommand
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Labs/Ubiquity/Writing_A_Search_Command

Best regards
-- cers / Christian Sonne
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages