Yay!! ... but ....

Matěj Cepl

Jun 30, 2011, 8:08:12 AM6/30/11
to ubiquity-firefox
Awesome! Thanks for satyr for fixing Ubiquity for FF5!

However, that means I can return to a mystery I have. I have this
version of shortnerer Ubiquity command (https://gist.github.com/891100;
hurl is obviously our internal shortener inside of VPN).

The problem is that quite often the URL it tries to shorten is not the
one of the actual tab (but something shorter), and I don't how to
persuade Ubiquity about the proper URL of the current tab.

Any ideas, what can I do wrong, please?

Thanks,

Matěj

God is not worried about my financial situation.

satyr

Jun 30, 2011, 8:48:00 AM6/30/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Matěj Cepl <mc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> However, that means I can return to a mystery I have. I have this version of
> shortnerer Ubiquity command (https://gist.github.com/891100; hurl is
> obviously our internal shortener inside of VPN).
>
> The problem is that quite often the URL it tries to shorten is not the one
> of the actual tab (but something shorter), and I don't how to persuade
> Ubiquity about the proper URL of the current tab.

> baseURL = 'http://hurl.test.redhat.com/new?' + args.object.text;

You want `encodeURIComponent(args.object.text)` here.

Matěj Cepl

Jul 2, 2011, 4:19:08 AM7/2/11
Dne 30.6.2011 14:48, satyr napsal(a):

>> baseURL = 'http://hurl.test.redhat.com/new?' + args.object.text;
>
> You want `encodeURIComponent(args.object.text)` here.

Doesn't help (and I didn't expect it to, although it is obviously a
correct way) ... Ubiquity just doesn't give to my script URL of the
current tab.

Matěj

Less is more or less more.
-- Y_Plentyn on #LinuxGER
(from fortunes -- I cannot resist :-)

satyr

Jul 2, 2011, 4:50:21 AM7/2/11
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Matěj Cepl <mc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Ubiquity just doesn't give to my script URL of the current tab.

What kind of URL are you getting instead?

Note that `noun_type_url` can suggest your input, selection and/or
history as well.

Matěj Cepl

Jul 4, 2011, 7:08:23 AM7/4/11
Dne 2.7.2011 10:50, satyr napsal(a):

> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Matěj Cepl<mc...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Ubiquity just doesn't give to my script URL of the current tab.
>
> What kind of URL are you getting instead?

It is not 100% reproducible, but it looks like the last URL used by the
previous use of Ubiquity (even in other tabs).

Matěj

We can tell our level of faith in what God wants to do for us by
our level of enthusiasm for what we want God to do for other.
-- Dave Schmelzer