Processor usage spikes on new tab, reload

g2010a

Jul 21, 2011, 6:30:14 AM7/21/11
to ubiquity-firefox
Hi,

I'm using Ubiquity 0.6.1pre.20110713 / Windows 7 32 Bit / FF 5.0.1 and
when the extension is active the browser chokes when reloading pages
or opening links in new tabs (up to 4 seconds). This problem doesn't
occur *every time* but it does happen often enough to harm
productivity.

I'm also running only a few other extensions: adblock plus, ghostery,
download statusbar.

Any ideas as to what it may be? Does anyone else have the same
problem?

g2010a

Jul 21, 2011, 8:41:29 AM7/21/11
to ubiquity-firefox
This may only have to do with websites with multiple AJAX calls. Could
it have something to do with Ubiquity checking page contents on load?

satyr

Jul 22, 2011, 12:51:51 AM7/22/11
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Command feeds have access to simple API that watches for new pages and
do something using the document.
Do you have any 3rd party feeds installed?

g2010a

Jul 26, 2011, 10:55:22 AM7/26/11
to ubiquity-firefox
After much debugging (disabling all extensions, deleting history and
bookmarks, tracing Windows resource usage), I deleted my Firefox
profile and created a new one. This seems to have fixed the error and
I can go back to developing more commands: https://gist.github.com/gists/1100536/
... so, it turned out not to be related to Ubiquity.