Can't start Ubiquity

Stefan Reich

Feb 10, 2014, 4:39:32 PM2/10/14
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hey ho :)

I'm developing a natural language interface for everything (sic! it's on www.tinybrain.de), which is why I am very interested in Ubiquity.

I got it installed, I can surf to about:ubiquity. But nothing happesn on either Ctrl+Space or Alt+Space. Well, the latter pops up the window menu, nothing else.

How do I start Ubiquity..?!

This is Firefox 26.0 (Debian package) on Peppermint Linux 3.

Please help!

All the best,
Stefan

Dietrich Ayala

Feb 10, 2014, 8:35:18 PM2/10/14
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan,

The most recent version is in the *link* at the top of this page.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mozilla-labs-ubiquity/

IOW, do not click the install button on the page. Instead click on the
link in the description.

Also, I've made a proof of concept that strips Ubiquity of all the
Firefox-add-on-specific code, in order to port it to the Web. The code
itself is still difficult to work with, and needs to be modularized
using contemporary techniques. However the basics work.

https://github.com/autonome/webiquity

While I'd love to see a Ubiquity for the Web, I think the most benefit
might be derived from properly modularizing the natural language
parser bits, so that any JavaScript project can use it.

Clauber Stipkovic Halic

Feb 11, 2014, 9:47:43 AM2/11/14
to ubiquity...@googlegroups.com
Hey Stefan and Dietrich,

The most updated version of ubiquity is available at satyr`s bitbucket:
- https://bitbucket.org/satyr/ubiquity/downloads

Best.

- Clauber Stipkovic