TechMaine speaking opportunity

Aza

Aug 27, 2009, 4:19:28 PM8/27/09
to ubiquity-core
Hey everyone,

TechMaine is looking for a speaker to talk about mashups and particular
Ubiquity in November. I believe they'll be paying for the flight and hotel.
It's a 90 minute slot.

http://www.techmaine.com/

Anybody interested?

-- aza | ɐzɐ --

indie

Aug 28, 2009, 4:55:12 PM8/28/09
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
This would be a 90-minute talk, including time for questions from the audience?

Could be a great plug for Firefox in general.  :D  I would volunteer, simply because I have always wanted to go to Maine and that's where many of my ancestors hail from.   But technically, I'm just a community volunteer and have only written a couple of skins and hacked commands (http://www.zentu.net/ubiq/hotdog , http://www.zentu.net/ubiq/failblog, http://www.zentu.net/ubiq/onceuponawin, http://www.zentu.net/ubiq/engrishfunny) for Ubiquity.  Don't know what the expectations of this might be.

But I do <3 the Ubiquity.

-Shawnee

indie

Aug 28, 2009, 5:01:17 PM8/28/09
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
P.S.  Here's the info from a presentation I did for the genealogical research library where I work:

http://zentu.net/FHW/fhc.html

Aza

Aug 28, 2009, 5:16:14 PM8/28/09
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawnee,

Don't say "just a community volunteer". Everyone, if we work for Mozilla or not, is equally as important in our community. We'd love to have you give a talk, and you should always feel empowered to do so. In this case, Mitcho got here first for this talk, but we should see if we can find you a Bar Camp or other places to start talking about Ubiquity and Firefox!

-- aza | ɐzɐ --

indie

Aug 28, 2009, 5:37:02 PM8/28/09
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.  Thanks, Aza.

I've been an avid Fx promoter since. . . oh, about V. 1.0 Phoenix (ala 2004, the V before DeerPark, but probably sooner if the  Gecko engine counts), and would *love* the opportunity to speak on behalf of my very favorite web browser.  :)  Ubiquity is basically the ultimate command-line proof that optimization works best with clean and tight code, locally.

Please keep me posted.  The more people we can get weaned off of IE the better.

Shawnee