Please use git asap

Erik Vold

Sep 11, 2010, 8:15:50 PM9/11/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
I know Mozilla Labs announced that they would mirror projects on Github, and that there is a read only copy on github, so I'm wondering if Ubiquity is will be mirrored as well? and if so when that might happen? or perhaps it can just be moved to git hosting as will be done for the jetpack/add-on sdk?

Thanks,

Erik

Lech

Sep 12, 2010, 11:29:43 AM9/12/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Umm, Ubiquity is already mirrored on GitHub and it's up to date with
the most recent changes also pushed to Mercurial... I don't understand
what you're actually asking for.

-L

Erik Vold

Sep 12, 2010, 12:59:23 PM9/12/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
if changes are pushed to hg, then that's all I want.

Erik

Lech

Sep 12, 2010, 2:41:13 PM9/12/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Changes to Ubiquity have always been pushed to Mercurial first and
eventually those changes are mirrored to GitHub (unless Satyr or
anyone else notes otherwise). I still don't understand exactly what
you were asking for in this thread, but I'll presume you already have
the answer you want.

-L

Erik Vold

Sep 12, 2010, 3:32:16 PM9/12/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
What I want is what is described here, which I linked to before, which is the possibility to contribute via github, and use github pull reqeusts. This means that hg-git will need to have been used to setup the mirror, and that ppl at mozilla or satyr is able to pull those changes to the hg repo.

Erik

Lech

Sep 12, 2010, 9:04:45 PM9/12/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, sorry. Based on the first few replies I was wondering if the
original message was a drunken post or spam since it seemed like you
were basically answering your own questions. But I think that Satyr
might be able to better answer this one and how things are being
managed as far as Ubiquity + GitHub are concerned if he manages to see
this.

-L

sabret00the

Sep 13, 2010, 4:13:28 AM9/13/10
to ubiquity-core
Erik appears to want this installed: http://hg-git.github.com/

As things currently stand, he feels like any contributions he makes on
git will be ignored as things are currently pushed through mercurial
and then manually copied to the git.

On Sep 12, 8:32 pm, Erik Vold <erikvv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What I want is what is described
> here<http://mozillalabs.com/conceptseries/2010/08/25/contribute-to-labs-pr...>,
> which I linked to before, which is the possibility to contribute via github,
> and use github pull reqeusts. This means that hg-git will need to have been
> used to setup the mirror, and that ppl at mozilla or satyr is able to pull
> those changes to the hg repo.
>
> Erik
>
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:41, Lech <unatten...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Changes to Ubiquity have always been pushed to Mercurial first and
> > eventually those changes are mirrored to GitHub (unless Satyr or
> > anyone else notes otherwise). I still don't understand exactly what
> > you were asking for in this thread, but I'll presume you already have
> > the answer you want.
>
> > -L
>
> > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Erik Vold <erikvv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > if changes are pushed to hg, then that's all I want.
>
> > > Erik

> > Github, and
> > is
> > it
> > sdk?

> >http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-core?hl=en.
>
> > > --
> >http://groups.google.com/group/ubiquity-core?hl=en.
>
> > --
>
> --
> Erik Vergobbi Vold
>
> Email: erikvv...@gmail.com

Lech

Sep 13, 2010, 5:26:17 AM9/13/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
Currently, all changes (big or small) still require a review process.
If you want to get involved, then also join us in #ubiquity @
irc.mozilla.org to discuss patches or ideas. It's normally pretty
quiet, so ask a question and stick around for a response.

-L

Erik Vold

Sep 13, 2010, 8:30:32 AM9/13/10
to ubiqui...@googlegroups.com
This doesn't address my question.

Erik

sabret00the

Sep 14, 2010, 4:13:55 AM9/14/10
to ubiquity-core
File a bug at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org and request it as an
enhancement. Be sure not to go about it in the manner you'd done so
here as it's confusing. In fact you can copy and paste the following
if you want to:

"Requesting the installation of http://hg-git.github.com/ that will
allow users the ability to remotely submit patches via github to BMO,
so that they can be reviewed and approved/critiqued."