FINAL ACCOUNTING -- 2010 Camp Budget & Expenses -- PLEASE READ

Brigham (aka PapaCheko)

Sep 23, 2010, 6:45:21 PM9/23/10
to PIÑATA'S REVENGE
Dearest Pinatas-

After a week of deciphering tattered receipts and transcribing
handwritten notes covered in playadust--many describing transactions
that I can't describe in public--it looks like Ive finally got a
handle on our finances. Whew...

And while Im sorry to report that our camp ran up a budget deficit for
the first time -- amounting to $1271.00 (largely due to cost overruns
on the trailer & the specialized hitch we ended up needing) -- I'm
happy to report that it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

Anyway, there are two major issues that remain in order for us to
settle the accounts of our 2010 Camp.:

The first issue is settling accounts with everyone that either owes
the camp money or is still owed money. Below please find a list of
everyone that falls into either category--with an accounting of what
Ive determined that they owe the camp, or the camp owes them. PLEASE
CHECK THE LIST TO SEE IF YOU ARE ON IT--AND CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE
QUESTIONS. I am happy to explain why I came up with these numbers--but
its best if I do so on the phone in many cases to maintain appropriate
discretion.

The second issue is covering the budget deficit. The vast majority of
the camp debt is currently held by me--and for the sake of my marriage
and my future organizing this camp I simply cannot be left holding the
bag. Therefore, IT IS MY HOPE THAT MY FELLOW PINATAS WILL VOLUNTEER
CONTRIBUTIONS -- ESPECIALLY THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT COME TO
SEBASTOPOL TO HELP SET UP OR CLEANUP -- AND FOR WHOM $50-$100 IS NOT A
MAJOR SACRIFICE. You know who you are.

I can use other methods of transferring funds but PAYPAL IS EASIEST --
my Paypal account is my email address: bmgolden at hotmail.com. AND
PLEASE REMEMBER to send funds via the "Personal" option so that no
fees are deducted.

Finally, it saddens me that money transactions define the final
breaths of our camp. Because 2010 was a magical year for me --
outstanding among my four years of organizing a camp for the scale of
the warmth and cooperation of our community. I was worried going into
the year that our size -- fully 40% larger than any previous year --
would be a hinderance to building that warmth and communal
cooperation. Far from it -- what an amazing group we were!

So thank you all -- a thousand times -- for sharing the Playa with me
this year. Im blessed by you all to have had such an experience.

Warm wishes to all--and please don't hesitate to contact me if you
have questions -- or if you have thoughts about next year!

-Brigham
cell: 646-269-5726

Brigham (aka PapaCheko)

Sep 23, 2010, 7:41:28 PM9/23/10
to PIÑATA'S REVENGE
SORRY PINATAS -- HERE IS THE LIST!!

PLEASE CHECK IT AND CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!
cell: 646-269-5726 , email: bmgolden at hotmail.com , facebook...

PEOPLE WHO ARE OWED $$ BY CAMP
Brigham/Lynn $2035
Fi Cheng $1033