THE PINATA'S REVENGE 2010 PLAYA AWARDS!!

brigham golden

Sep 24, 2010, 4:49:27 PM9/24/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Ladies, Gentlemen, Members of the Playacademy-

It gives me great pleasure to announce the winners of the Pinata's Revenge 2010 Playa Awards!!

(selection of all awards was monitored by independent auditors of the voting members of the Academy by Delotta Tush):

VIRGIN OF THE YEAR -- Co-winners: Mario Bravo & Alice Reyzin
The competition for this award--the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious of them all--has never been more intense. Additional nominees Ali Ardie, Jackie Garrido, Tarita Aurora, Jeff Akin and Bryce Golden-Chen all came to work early, left late and partied hard. But in the end two nominees separated themselves from the pack--Mario for combining a tireless work ethic with prodigious um, appetites that rendered him sick and semi-/un-/sub-conscious on multiple occasions--and Alice for busting ass and busting out beyond the judges expectations time and time again. Congratulations!

SOPHOMORE OF THE YEAR: Co-winners: Germaine Neal & Klaudia Oliver
The second year is where we so often see what a burner is really made of, and this year the competition was fierce, with a slew of hard-working and hard-partying burners back for a second go-round. But of them all, Germaine and Klaudia were especially and absolutely en fuego in all aspects of their game--attacking the jobs that needed to be done with poise and grace by maintaining impeccable style even while manual laboring--and then rocking the party scene in the spotlight to top it off. That's what it takes to bring home the trophy, kids.

BITCHIN KITCHEN WITCHES OF THE YEAR -- Co-winners: Gwen Riddell and Greg Sofio
With Gwen commandeering the common foods from the start, and Greg leading the masses with an iron skillet-fist--not to mention commandeering the dome disassembly---these two ensured that the Kitchen was the most impressive and successful aspect of our whole camp, and we would be willing to bet one of the finest on the entire Playa--full stop. Nominees Rebecca "Bean" Abdallah and Klaudia Oliver--who led the set-up and pack-up respectively--were standouts who might have won in any other year.

BEST MEAL -- Co winners: Ali & Tita's Nasi Goreng  &  Isa Mas' Thai Curry
We all know everything tastes better on the Playa. But of all the yummy meals cooked all week, these kids cooked meals that would have blown tastebuds away anywhere. We know now that heaven is a spicy place. Yum--and and again, Yum.

COMEBACK KID -- John Bosco
We witnessed an amazing performance this year by JB--even with a herniated disc! Nothing could keep this guy down! And with help from Dr. Akin and a few recreational pain killers, he was quoted on the playa as saying: "well, my back doesn't hurt now... in fact, nothing hurts now..."

SECRET WEAPON AWARD -- Fred Hill
There is no weapon greater than the secret one. Its safe to say our camp would have fallen apart at the seams were it not for Fred weaving his quiet magic all day every day. Nominee and special mention goes to camp ninja and audio-master Stefano Berio.

BEST PLAYA FASHION -- Jackie Garrido
This award its not just for what someone wears--its for what theyre doing while wearing it. Jackie kicked ass and looked freaky-cool while doing it. With the dusty runway at her disposal, Lady J's ensembles were both eye-catching and heart-pounding.

THE MIND-BLOWER AWARD -- James Reynolds
Our minds would have been a fruitless desert without little Jimmy acid-seed--it's that simple.

THE ROBIN HOOD ON WHEELS AWARD -- Michael Amici
MadDog (every guy's favorite bromance) did so much this year that we had to create a special award for him. So when you are all riding comfortably across the playa next year in your new, sweet upgraded cruiser, remember that your cumfy butt should thank Michael personally--and intimately.

THE PARADIGM SHIFT AWARD -- Jeff Akin
The judges have never seen Burningman change a man to such a degree. Its like we dont even know him anymore--though he earned his playa name "la llorana" at times, he was last seen on the playa using a ladle to scoop sludge water into buckets, with nary a complaint!

OUT OF THE CLOSET COSTUME DESIGN AWARD: Josh Felderstein, Ferris, Joe Coyne and Greg Sofio
For coming out of their closet on wheels and fabulously costuming a good percentage of our camp-- this years costume design award goes to the NYC RV boys.

THE GLOBAL-PLAYA / JUST GETTING THERE DAMMIT AWARD: Tarita Aurora & Ali Ardie
On any other year Kuala Lumpur-based ninjas Ion and Boris would have run away with this award (8400miles) -- but this year Jakartans Ali & Tarita (8700 miles) just nipped them. Until we have a Pinata from Perth they may hold the record!

THE PINATA'S REVENGE AWARD: Stefano Berio
"For excellence in the field of Living Piñata battering", Stefano's patented ninja-stealth-attack may have changed the way the game is played forever. We'll see...

Drumrolls please... here the final two awards--and the most prestigious of all:

CAMP MVP -- Fi Cheng
Was there ever any doubt who was camp MVP? She inspired us all with her energy and commitment, and made us all feel certain that whatever needed to get done would get done -- even when she was swinging haphazardly through the air in an ill-fitting robot costume. Fi, you take the trophy. Now its time to rest on your laurels a bit --please-- because youre making us all feel inadequate, and we may start holding that against you.

THE MARY TANNER LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD -- Duncan Reed
Lastly and above all we have our Camp's most prestigious Award. Given in the name of our Patron Goddess, we have our one true God--Duncan Reed. We all bow before the master. He has set the bar so high--in every possible way--that we must content ourselves with doing the best we can in falling short of him.

There we are, Ladies and gentlemen -- see you next year!!

Klaudia Oliver

Sep 24, 2010, 5:29:35 PM9/24/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Papa Cheko , Piñatas

I am in deep appreciation for this award and congratulate the fellow award winners.  I send each and everyone of you a great big fat kiss and hope you celebrate my birthday with me on tuesday. . .light a candle in your corazones that the TEDxSanMigueldeAllende event I'm hustling up madly is a rip roaring success.

besos!!

John Bosco

Sep 25, 2010, 12:54:54 PM9/25/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Well Everyone,
I got a little misty when I read the last award. Its so true! What would we do without him? I think my non-sexual man-crush may be switching from Mad-Dog to Duncan:)

All the other awards ring true as well and I'm very happy to have made the list.

Thank you and I'll see you in SM in 8 days!

Bosco

Fi Cheng

Sep 25, 2010, 6:05:51 PM9/25/10
to ubert...@googlegroups.com
Wow,..that made me rather verklempt. it's an honor but mainly i think
the cordless drill did all the work.

The real mvp superstars of our camp is our fearless leaders Brig,
Duncan and Mary who have set the tone for fun and love with their
warmth and generosity.

Thanks everyone for a great burn. Can't wait for 2011!

Besos,
Fi

>>> ubertubers+...@googlegroups.com<ubertubers%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

>>> .