ubcsat 1.2beta15

Dave Tompkins

Mar 26, 2012, 12:37:28 AM3/26/12
to ubcsat
My weekend of ubcsat updates is complete.  I pushed & tagged 1.2beta15 to github.

Significant changes from beta12 -> beta15:

1) Weighted MAX-SAT

UBCSAT now only supports 64-bit integer clause weights for MAX-SAT.  If you want to use floating point weights, you should stick to version 1.1.
This was a major change, and makes UBCSAT compatible with the MAX-SAT competitions.  I submitted weighted IRoTS to the 2012 competition as a proof of concept.  I also added a new report to produce the max-sat competition expected output format.

2) Memory Bug Fix

A memory alignment bug was fixed that should fix odd segfaults found by Oliver Kullmann, and some odd inconsistent running time behaviour found by Frank Hutter.  Further testing would be appreciated.

3) New parameters were added to change the way that ubcsat measures time.

This should make running UBCSAT within a configurator (like ParamILS) more consistent and fair ... especially on very short runs.

Ironically, originally our design decisions were made to make results more consistent on the original LSF cluster at UBC.  The default behaviour will remain the same: the global timeout parameter only starts after initialization, and only user time is measured.

* new option: -abstime starts timer immediately on startup instead of after initialization
* new option: -systime includes system time (not just user time) in time calculations [unix only]
* new option: -timeres checks for timeouts every N search steps instead of every step

-Dave