OSX

Veit Elser

Apr 4, 2012, 2:12:38 PM4/4/12
to ubc...@googlegroups.com
How do I install ubcsat on Mac OSX?

When I ran 'make' I got an executable but with lots of warnings. When I then
ran the program it got stuck reading the input file:

./ubcsat -alg gsat -i sample.cnf
#
# UBCSAT version 1.1.0 (Sea to Sky Release)
#
# http://www.satlib.org/ubcsat
#
# ubcsat -h for help
#
Error: Invalid Literal [-108] in clause [0]

Veit Elser
Cornell

Chris Fawcett

Apr 4, 2012, 4:16:25 PM4/4/12
to ubc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veit,

Dave can probably give a more complete answer, but I think I saw this before with the 1.1.0 source and Snow Leopard / Lion. There were some type issues on 64-bit architectures, and I can't remember how we worked around it.

However, I do have a binary that works on Lion, which you might find helpful in the meantime:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~fawcettc/research/sat/ubcsat-1.1.0-osx

Cheers,

Chris Fawcett (UBC)

Dave Tompkins

Apr 5, 2012, 10:49:58 AM4/5/12
to ubc...@googlegroups.com, ve...@cornell.edu
Veit... you're probably best off just grabbing the latest beta version, which has all 64-bit issues I know of resolved.

Chris, I can't remember how you worked around it, but would be good to know... most likely
1) forcing osx gcc to use "32-bit" mode, or
2) compiling on a 32-bit environment that was compatible.

-Dave

Veit Elser

Apr 5, 2012, 11:41:08 AM4/5/12
to Dave Tompkins, ubc...@googlegroups.com
I still get warnings when I compile with -m32 but it now reads the input and runs fine.

Thanks for putting all these local search algorithms inside one wrapper -- it really saves time!

-Veit