Where do you live and fly your DIY craft? Please add some details here :)

BOYD

Mar 30, 2011, 1:06:44 PM3/30/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com

Fellow members can I ask that you help me start the ball rolling by adding a few details about what and where you fly, I'm looking to push our little group to the dizzy heights of double figures over the next few weeks, I think it would help a lot for old and new hands if we had an idea where people are, I would be interested in meeting up with some locals for an hour or two and might  even be tempted on a beer in the debrief room (aka the local bar) after our happy landings!

Normally found in a farmer's field somewhere in the North Hampshire / Berkshire area. Flying an EZ* at the moment with APM!

Nigel

Mar 31, 2011, 5:14:48 AM3/31/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Based in Epsom, Surrey. Currently into conventional helis and looking to get an APM plus ground station kit.  Anyone else in the area?

BOYD

Mar 31, 2011, 6:15:35 AM3/31/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nigel,

Welcome to UAV UK Flyers :)

I see you are not too far away from where I am based, a run up the M3, I find my way to Staines from time to time seeing family so I might (when I have some free time)  be in your area!

I think Dave is from London not sure which part, he claims the not so good part, so take your pick...... ;o)  so I hope he might make contact with you!

Regards

Martin

Gary Mortimer

Mar 31, 2011, 7:04:45 AM3/31/11
to UAV UK Flyers
I fly on the Bucks border East of Milton Keynes, AttoPilot, OpenPilot
and later today Copter Control wings and rotary

Jim

Mar 31, 2011, 7:09:37 AM3/31/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Hey Guys.

I'm in Surrey too, near Esher. I'm flying a Twinstar, and have a APM,
but haven't flown it yet. Will be hoping to get out with it wired in
sometime in the next few weeks. I fly during lunchtimes at work at
one of the few (that I know of) designated flying fields in South
London, Morden Park. As it's still very built-up I've no plans to go
full autonomous and will stick to stabilise and FBW modes until I
break out into the countryside.

Jim

Nigel

Mar 31, 2011, 10:33:46 AM3/31/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Hi Martin and Jim,

Great to hear I'm not the only one around here with the UAV bug!

Martin, I sent you an email re. an APM a few hours ago. If we can
meet up that would be great. You're very welcome to come here
(Ashtead, M25 J9) or I can come to Staines.

Jim, if you ever want to fly in an open field, why not come over to
and fly at our field...it's in the countryside near Leatherhead in
Surrey.

Cheers,
Nigel

deadman...@ntlworld.com

Apr 4, 2011, 2:53:01 PM4/4/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just to say hello and looking forward to seeing what can be done. Just got hold of a computer was intending to through it into one of my Heli's but reconsidering due to the state of the current code lol.
Would love to build a Y copter as the form appeals but for now I'll probably stick with a quad just deciding on a self build or buy and build.

Rgdz

Paul

BOYD

Apr 4, 2011, 3:09:50 PM4/4/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jim,

Great to see another member not so far away! I think the omens are good for a meeting in the SE looking at the number of people already very local to one another! :)

Regards

Martin.

BOYD

Apr 4, 2011, 3:14:44 PM4/4/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the invite Nigel, I think we will have a few interested parties looking at how close we all are. I think when the weather is looking good we should look to meet up and share some tips, tricks and headaches....... :)

Regards

Martin

BOYD

Apr 4, 2011, 3:16:42 PM4/4/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hello Paul and welcome to the UK branch for UAV (I Know gary will shoot me for the term....) flight! Where abouts are you based? are you this end of blighty? Do you fly any other craft at the moment?

Regards

Martin

Simon Denvers

Apr 5, 2011, 7:16:56 AM4/5/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm up in Derbyshire on the edge of the Peak District.  Plenty of places round here to fly but no copter!  I'm hoping to get started with a kit in the near future.

I do come down to London occasionally so if there was a meetup I could attend with enough notice.

Cheers,
Simon

Mike Hawkey

Apr 15, 2011, 8:56:40 AM4/15/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi I'm in Godalming just outside Guildford. Fly an XAircraft X450 Quad .. well if you can call my attempts flying!
Mike

fretwel...@gmail.com

May 9, 2011, 4:00:18 PM5/9/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I fly a home made quad with IMU etc.  Soon to upgrade to a hexa ...

I fly near Sheffield and would welcome getting together with other quad builders .... how many in the UK???

Regards
Philip F

goo...@harding99.freeserve.co.uk

May 12, 2011, 5:15:09 PM5/12/11
to uavuk...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Just fininshed building my Arducopter2, and so hope to be flying soon! Hedge End area of Southampton.
Rob

Mike Hawkey

May 16, 2011, 4:12:46 AM5/16/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Hi Rob

I'll be interested in how you get on. Just got a KK Multicopter board
(BlackBoard) and plan to try it out on a new Tricopter (Area:
Guildford)