How to Make Money from a Wind Farm

Nigel

May 15, 2011, 8:55:42 AM5/15/11
to UAV UK Flyers
If you wish to make money from wind turbines, just follow the
following simple steps:

1. Build a large wind farm.
2. Pay for me to come and live in your and build an R/C plane or
helicopter
3. I will then attempt to test the aircraft
4. At this point your area will immediately become one of the
windiest places on the planet, with unrelenting gales blowing morning,
noon and night.

You will make a fortune.

:-(

(By the way, if you need calm conditions, it's the same process - just
change the phrase "R/C plane or helicopter" to "kite")

Jim

May 16, 2011, 7:50:48 AM5/16/11
to UAV UK Flyers
It's sick isn't it! I can't remember the last time we had winds <
10mph :-(
Jim

deadman...@ntlworld.com

May 17, 2011, 10:03:40 AM5/17/11
to UAV UK Flyers
Its actually complete rubbish as the isn't a single wind farm in the
UK that's made any profit yet. In fact every single one costs more to
the environment than the fuel gained from its use on the other hand if
the turbine had never been built and never erected we would have used
less resources and less energy if it had been produced with coal or
gas.
People get told lies and because its from a man in a suit or the
government they believe it, stupid really but there we go.
By the way if you go and look at profits for wind farms in the UK all
the figures are given without taking in to account the huge resources
needed to build each turbine, the massive cost that's required to
erect each one and the huge maintenance required to keep them running!

I did assume the first post was a joke though lol